Chapter 41

Chapter 41:

Juliet's POV:

We had a little get together at Phaneuf's house for our year end party type thing. I was stressing over dress shopping and Caleb stepped out to take a call from Beverly.

"Okay I have a dilemma." I said as we all stayed inside.

"What?" Jake asked. I took a deep breath and sighed.

"Okay, let's get real, since being here I haven't been able to make friends that are female. My parents are coming up for dress shopping tomorrow, but I need more opinions...so..." I trailed off and Komorov clapped loudly with a big smile.

"Dress shopping for everyone!" He said in his thick accent and we all laughed. I smiled happily.

"Please? It is at David's bridal in downtown." I asked nicely.

"How could we say no to our princess?" Phil teased and I smiled.

"You guys are the best." I said happily.

-------------------------

The next day I walked into the bridal salon with the whole team taking up the lounge. I laughed as the assistant struggled and looked around.

"Uh, Miss Juliet McDavid?" She called.

"Here!" I said. I brought my mom and my dad along with their spouses and my dads kids. My younger half brother was thrilled to see the whole leaf team meanwhile the assistant looked like she would pass out.

"Uh...is...is this everyone?" She asked. I laughed and nodded.

"Okay. Is the groom present?"

"No. Just my team mates, my parents and my younger siblings." I smiled.

" Alright so what kind of dress are we looking for?" She asked.

"Something traditional, perhaps a little bit of lace." I said.

"Budget?" She asked.

"The sky is the limit." I smiled.

"I have the perfect dress. We just got it in last week, it has a lace over coat and it is simply stunning." I walked with her into the dressing room and tried on a beautiful sweetheart dress. The sleeves were lace and went up to my neck and buttoned up in the back. I gawked at myself in the dressing room mirror as the dress flowed down to the ground. It was amazing. I loved it. I fanned my eyes at the forming tears and the assistant smiled.

"This is it, isn't it?" She asked. I smiled and nodded silently as she handed me a tissue. I took a deep breath as we walked out into the foyer where everyone waited.

"Oh my God..." My mom said covering her mouth. She had a handkerchief in her hands as I walked up onto the little podium stand. I turned and smiled as she began to cry.

"The first time she wears a dress and it is her wedding dress." She said wiping her eyes.

"Well except for Caleb's dress." Lupul smirked and I gawked.

"What?" My dad asked and they laughed as I shook my head.

"Who is Caleb?" The assistant asked.

"My fiance." I said happily saying the sentence. My fiance.

"Caleb Andrews? The goalie?" She asked stunned and I nodded as she blushed.

"My you are the luckiest girl in Toronto, I tell ya." She said sheepishly and I laughed and the guys scoffed.

"So how did you two meet?" She asked excitedly.

"We have been best friends since grade six. He was always one year older than me, he got drafted when he was in grade twelve, and I was in the OHL. I got drafted here and he let me stay with him. It took me a while to finally get him to tell me he liked me. He was always shy." I laughed. As I said that another assistant brought over a veil and clipped it into my hair. My mom gasped as he pulled it all out.

"My little girl is getting married!" She said happily and I laughed.

I was so ready to get married.