Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Caleb's POV:

We continued walking around the mall. I was texting the boys who were obviously teasing me about Juliet and Juliet...Well she skipped around happily and people stared at her, probably thinking she belongs in a mental home.

She stopped abruptly and turned to me.

"I was thinking about dying and cutting my hair." She said.

"What colour and how short?" I asked. To be honest, her hair was my favourite part about her. I loved her hair.

"Maybe a sandy brown and probably here?" She said touching her chest.

"Don't cut it." I said.

"What? Why?" She asked confused as I began walking.

"It is my favourite thing about you." I said putting my arm around her shoulders and grabbing some loose strands.

"Aww, you always make me feel happy." She said blushing. I smiled and gave her a squeeze and kissed her head.

"I missed you demon." I said.

"I know! I have missed you like crazy." She laughed.

--------

"Dig deep! Push!" Coach yelled. I took some sips from my water as I watched the last training camp. Juliet was dying and she threw up twice from being so nervous. Even coach told her to calm down because she already made the team but she wouldn't believe him.

"Alright! Go get changed and wait in the stretching room." He ordered. People nodded and got off and I quickly got undressed so that I could go see Juliet.

"Rushing off to see your girl?" Bozak smirked. They all laughed and I smiled.

"At least I have one. How is the single life?" I asked and there was a bunch of "OOO's" he laughed and threw his towel at me. No one took anything seriously which was awesome. I went to the stretching room where coach was shaking Juliet's hand and she had a big smile on her face. All of a sudden she let to and lifted her arms.

"Woo! I did it! I did it!" She yelled happily and guys came in and began clapping for her as the coaching staff laughed.

"I promise you, I will not let you down." She swore. There were some guys that were in the business for the money, Juliet however would play for free.

The coaches smiled and walked away and she turned to me with a big smile on her face.

"I did it!" she exclaimed hugging me tightly. I hugged her back and she pulled away smiling.

"I can't believe I did it. I have to call my mom, your parents, Elise.." She said referring to her friends. I said goodbye to the other guys and we went out to my truck and drove back to my condo.

Once inside she had a shower first as I looked inside my fridge. Juliet took quick showers, she came out with her hair up in a towel with short black cotton shorts and a London Knights t shit with her name on the back.

"What are you in the mood for?" I asked.

"Do you have shak 'N' bake?" She asked referring to the goodness in a box.

"Of course. Shake 'N' bake with fries?" I asked.

"Yes!" she beamed. I got out the chicken and set it to boil while I went to have a quick shower. I shoved on some black shorts and a grey shirt. I ruffled my wet hair and walked back out to see Juliet on her laptop. She was skyping her parents.

"Hi Cale!" They said smiling I smiled back and waved.

"Hey Emily. Hey Thomas. How is everything?" I asked.

"Great! We will have to come down and visit when your parents do." Emily said.

"Sounds great." I smiled returning to the chicken as Juliet talked about her signing. Finally she said goodbye and helped me cook dinner.

"I'm still in shock." She said shaking her head.

"It wears off in a while. Don't worry." I smiled. Putting the chicken in the oven. I turned on the news as I heard heavy rain outside.

The dogs were hiding under my bed so there must be a storm.

"I repeat Toronto is on a severe thunder storm alert and a tornado watch. Stay indoors until further notice." She said.

"Oh my god." Juliet said. I looked over and she stared outside at the funnel clouds in the sky and the purple lightning that struck the CN tower.

"Are we going to be safe here?" She asked.

"We should be fine we just have to-" I was cut off by the power going out.

"Stay away from windows." I sighed.

"Do you have flashlights? Candles?" She asked.

"In the pantry. Hopefully the chicken is cooked." I said. the fries were on the counter. I pulled out the chicken and it was cooked and I began getting plates ready and getting beers.

"I feel like wine." She said lighting the candles. Wow it's almost like a date.

"Wine? What's up?" I asked.

"Maybe champagne?  To congratulate me." She laughed sitting down. I grabbed a bottle of champagne and poured her a glass and sat down myself. The thunder and rain roared outside.

"This is like a little date. Very romantic." She laughed.

"I know. I do good huh?" I asked.

"You do good, Caleb. You do good." She smiled