Chapter 9

Chapter 9:

Caleb's POV:

I took her to dinner near the resort that over looked the water. The cool breeze from the water was nice, and the freshness reminded me of being near the lake in Toronto. Yes, I got home sick okay? There is nothing wrong with it.

I hadn't realized I was staring out at the water when she cleared her throat.

"Oh, sorry Jules." I apologized taking a sip of wine.

"You miss home already?" She laughed.

"No, of course not." I scoffed. She rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Cale. I know you. You're homesick. How do you survive on road trips?" She asked.

"I bring something from my apartment." I shrugged simply. I always brought my blanket with me. I brought it all the time because it smelt like my flat.

"A security blanket? What is it? A small blue one with elephants on it?" She teased.

"No. I bring the blanket from my bed." I said.

"Why?" She asked.

"It smells like my flat. It's comforting. You don't find being away from home uncomfortable?"

"Cale, I lived in Vancouver, then I went to London where we travelled across Ontario, now I'm living with you. I don't have a home. I don't have money to buy one."

"Nonsense. You will live with me."

"Oh? So when you get a wife, you are okay with me staying with you?" She tested. I wanted to say that she will be my wife but I didnt.

"Juliet, you're my best friend. I will help you, spoil you and make you angry for your whole life." I chuckled and she rolled her eyes.

"I miss my mom..." She said quietly after a while. Juliet's real father lived in Arizona. He left her and her mother. She loved her step father but she always looked for attention from her real mother.

"Well they will always have tickets for when we go to Vancouver and when we get back I will order tickets for the first game. Let you take them to dinner." I said.

"By myself?" She asked.

"Of course. You don't need me there." I smiled. She looked almost disappointed.

"But, my parents like you." She said. I smiled and laughed a bit.

"Alright I will come." I agreed.

"I was hoping to call my dad when we play Phoenix, get him and his family tickets to come see." She said sadly. The waitress sat down out food.

"I'm sure he will be very proud of what you accomplished." I said.

"I doubt it. You know how it was. We lived on the rich side of town. Boys played sports, girls modelled and did ballet or cheerleading. My mom was always secretly disappointed that I was so into sports. She always tried to get me to do ballet."

"I'm proud of you." I said simply.

"This is why you're my favourite." She giggled.

We continued the rest of our dinner peacefully and happily.