Chapter Forty Seven

Start from the beginning

"No just realistic," sighed Jacob as he checked the crack to see who had won.  "There are still a few results that aren't up, but it shows Ruby with a 93.98%, Orchid with a 92.18% and some chit named Moet with an 89.71%."

"What about the rest of them," asked Anthony as he tried to see.  "Patricia's is at 0% -."

"She didn't participate," frowned Lucas.  "Something about her new husband not liking it.  And i don't think those are the final scores just the reader calculating."

"Jealous," asked Sebastian sarcastically.  Sebastian looked in the room to admire the strawberry blonde with long wavy hair.

"Not even a little," snapped Lucas with his nose turned up.  "Patricia and I were like oil and acid.  I am happy she's satisfied with her life and has started to take an interest in Sapphire after all these years."

Jacob turned and covered a laughed, with a strangled cough, as he saw Kevin trip on the bottom stair before he and Malcolm joined them.

"I was sure he was going to break his neck," chuckled Malcolm.

"What are we doing here," asked Kevin quietly, ignoring Malcolm,  as he tried to see pass the group of men and into the parlor.  He looked on with a small wicked smile, "Are we just watching them."  His eyes moved to Kaelen and he arched an eyebrow, "Like a creepy stalker that watches someone in the dark while they sleep."

Jacob brow furrowed as he tried to get the joke, "What?"

Lucas eyes narrowed as he tried to grasp the joke.  "That doesn't make sense.  Elaborate on creepy stalker so we understand-."

"Nothing," chuckled Kevin.  "I was just -." Kevin tripped into the door pushing it open as the final results flashed on the reader's screen* Check the video for results also*:

First Place: Xara .25%

Second Place: Ebony & Jasminee 99.89

Third Place:  Ruby 99.87

"I wasn't expecting that," frowned Malcolm as he handed Jacob the 150 royals.  "But why is Xara first?"

*At the same time in the parlor*

Ruby jumped up from her hot pink seat and pointed at the reader which displayed the winner in silver on a gold banner,  "The reader or these devices are obviously flawed!  How could she have beaten any of us with that score?""

Ebony giggled down at her device before she rubbed it against her cheek and petted it.  Ebony gave the room a winning smile as she looked at the numbers, "It seems accurate to me."

Patricia rolled her eyes and took the device from Xara's lax hand, "Obviously you didn't read the manual."  Patricia smirked from Ruby to Orchid, "The reader only goes up to 100% if someone is above that it will restart the count."

Orchid fist clenched as she stared at the numbers, "So you are saying that thing's skill level is 100.25%!"  Orchid turned to glare at Xara, "I find that hard to believe!"

"Don't ever speak her name or look at her," whispered Sebastian angrily as he pushed past the men and glared at Orchid.  "If you call her another name I'll kill you."

Orchid's creamy tan complexion blanched when she saw Sebastian glaring daggers at her.  Orchid's lips parted on a shaky exhale as a shiver of fear ran up her spine at the cold look in Sebastian's eyes.  "I-I am the woman of-of honor for Ruby and -," boasted Orchid as she tried to hide her fear.  She quickly dismissed whatever she was about to say and her lips quickly turned up when she saw who else was with him.   "Anthony," purred Orchid.