Chapter 11: Nah, let's just watch TV.

Daylight filtered through the curtains and shone on my body. I opened my eyes slowly and looked to the side of my bed. Empty. My memories of last night helped me remember that Raven left after our talk.

I told her that I have feelings for her and she told me that she might feel the same way. I didn't know whether or not it meant our friendship would change but if a kiss in the elevator didn't change things, Why should a confession change things?

I rolled to the side and sat at the edge of the bed. I glanced at the clock that hung on the wall across from me. It was 07:37. It was too early to be awake but my mind wouldn't allow me to fall asleep again.

I groaned and slid off of the bed and made my way out of the room. I thought of where to go. The pool. The breakfast bar. The entertainment.

I decided to go to the room across. Raven's room. I opened her door without knocking because I knew she would only wake up around eight.

I closed the door silently behind me then found Raven lying peacefully under the covers on her side. I crept towards her bed and laid on my side next to her. My weight dipped the bed but never woke her up.

I assessed her in her sleep. Her mouth as slightly open so her breath made the strand that fell in front of her face swish backwards and forwards.

I reached forward and tucked the strand behind her ear but my fingers never left her face. I traced her jawline then I stroked her cheek but then I quickly removed my hand.

What was I doing? Staring and touching her while she was sound asleep? I just talked about how I didn't want anything to change between us then I go and start acting all lo-

I sat up abruptly. I cannot be thinking about that word. That feeling. What is going on with me?

A groan rose beside me and looked to my side. Raven's eyes fluttered open and she sat up while looking at me in confusion.

"Changeling," she croaked as she ran her fingers through her hair, "What are you doing in my room?"

"I...um...I thought you were up so I came in to ask you if you wanted to go somewhere but I found you...asleep," I rambled on. Raven looked at me weirdly then she lowered her head and laid on her side.

"I don't want to wake up for another two more hours." She confessed as her eyes fluttered down.

"Oh...I'll just leave then," I began but she wrapped her fingers around my wrist and tugged me down, beside her, "Since you're here, let's relax. We can enjoy the morning for a while," She suggested.

I nodded and stared into her eyes, "So, what are we going to do? Are we going to talk or..."

"We can watch TV and talk in between if you don't mind." She turned her back to me to grab the remote control. She put on the TV and flipped through the channels. I stared at the back of her and noticed that her short hair had grown a little bit longer. It touched her shoulders now.

"Cartoons," she stated. She put the remote control down and turned to face me again. She moved closer to me and her forehead rested against my chest. I was a little bit shocked but I wrapped my arms around her and turned to face up so she laid on top of me.

If this was how Raven acted with her friends, I don't mind being her friend.

My hand trailed up her back and I twirled a strand of her hand around my finger. She shifted her head and her chin was on my chest, "How are you feeling today?"

"I'm...fine. I'm actually feel good after talk to someone. After talking to you. Thank you," I said.

"You're welcome," She replied, "I'm from Azarath. But it's destroyed,"

I stayed quiet because she was telling me herself which was rare. Raven was a conservative person. We knew Raven but we didn't know Raven.

"My father destroyed Azarath when he tried to influence me to join him. He destroyed my home because of me. Many died. If it hadn't been for my mother, Arella, I would have died. She died in my place and I escaped. I had always hated my mother for conceiving me with my father's blood but she was young and stupid and her stupidity is why I am unable to be a normal teenager. I am unable to feel. I was unable to feel but I had to teach myself how to feel. It took years, years that I could spent with you all."

Her hands were clenched tight in a fist. I reached down and enclosed my hand over hers. Her grip loosened.

"Changeling, I have to tell you something. About Trigon..." Her hands clenched tight this time, "He-"

I silenced her by untangling her curled fist. She looked distressed but I didn't want her to be. I wanted her to be happy for once.

"I am the reason for being green. My parents had been studying a rare species of green monkey so they went out to find the monkey. I begged to go with them. I wanted to prove to them that I could he'll them so that next time they went to do research, they would include me. I wouldn't be stuck at home with a babysitter.

"We went and I wondered off. I found the monkey by myself but instead of telling them, I went after it and got bitten. I got sick so they tried to create a cure forms but I got turned green instead. I made myself the person I am today." I concluded

"And you're perfectly fine," She whispered.

I turned my head to the TV to see what was playing. Courage the Cowardly Dog. One of my favourite cartoons as a child. She turned her head to see what I was looking at.

"Do you know this cartoon?" I asked her.

She shook her head, "Is it nice?"

"One of the best. Care to give it a chance?" I suggested.

She shrugged, "This is the morning of talks and TV. We've talked so now we watch," She rolled off of me to grab the remote control and she turned up the volume.

TT

Who here know Courage the Cowardly Dog?

Another update. What do you think??