Chapter 4:Thanks

Hey peeps. At the moment, I have exams (:0. Que the scary piano music.)

TT

I felt my whole body being shaken. I squeezed my eyes tighter before groaning. I heard someone chanting my name with each shake. I couldn't hear it properly at first but soon I heard it was a female's voice. A very familiar one.

I peeled my eyes open and saw a blurry figure in front of me. I raised my arm and tiredly rubbed my eyes with the back of my hand. Once my vision was restored, I saw a big pair of purple eyes.

The figure in front of me had big purple eyes, pale skin and long purple hair. The figure had black oversized shirt with dark blue flannel pants and black ankle socks. It was the angel of darkness herself, Raven.

"Changeling, wake up." She instructed in an uncharacteristically worried voice. I looked around and saw that I was seated against the wall of Terra's old room. I probably fell asleep hear after Starfire left. "Oh, hey Raven. What are you doing here?" I asked curiously.

"Nightwing has called all for a meeting but you didn't attend. He sent me to find you. What are you doing here?" She asked, her worried voice turning back into her usual monotone voice. I blinked slowly so I could comprehend what she just said,"Starfire showed me this room and I guess I just fell asleep while looking through picture and newspaper clippings."

"Come on. Get dressed and meet us in the common room." She instructed, her worried voice diminishing and being replaced with her usual monotone. She turned abruptly and walked out of the room.

I staggered to my feet and stretched as wise as possible. I looked at the newspapers with a longing look before walking out of the room.

TT

"Alright, now that we're all here, I can begin." Nightwing began as he began rambling on about the new rules enforced by the Justice League. I tuned out Nightwing's voice and looked around.

I saw Starfire and Cyborg attentively watching Nightwing. I looked to where Raven sat. She was now in her uniform but was definitely not listening to Nightwing. She glanced up and caught me eye. I have a small smile.

She quickly looked down but I saw a small smile creep on across her lips. This made me grin brightly at accomplishing the goal of making her smile. Cyborg nudged me and inconspicuous looked towards Starfire. He lean in and whispered in a low voice, "Starfire can make him shut up."

I smirked and nodded, "Great plan." I whispered back. Starfire leaned back against the couch and sighed. She loved her boyfriend, she really did but sometimes he could be too hung up on the rules.

She felt somebody nudge her arm. She turned to look at Cyborg and me. Cyborg quickly whispered in to her ear. She quickly grinned and nodded. "Nightwing, can we go talk?" She asked innocently. He quieted his eyebrow.

"Right now?" He asked. She nodded, "Yeah, it's important. Meet me in the from if you want to hear what I want to say." She shrugged, moving towards the door, "Make sure to come. I don't have all day."

Nightwing's face went completely red and he cleared his throat, "I'm, meeting is over. Maybe next time?" He chuckled nervously before sprinting out of the room. Cyborg and I cheered and have each other a high five.

Raven abruptly stood up and walked towards the kitchen. "I'll be back Chang. I gotta go find the new Bubble Bots 5 game." Cyborg told me before running out the room. I quickly set up the console and waited patiently for Cyborg.

I turned my head to Raven and saw her strumming her fingers through a long piece of her hair. She twirled it clockwise while waiting for her water to boil.

"Uh, Rae?" I called out. She lifted her head and raised her eyebrow as a signal to continue. "I just wanted to say thanks. You know, for telling me those things in the alley,"

She nodded slightly, "Yeah, your welcome." She said quietly. "I'm going to go now." She said uncharacteristically nervous. She quickly poured the water and rushed out of the room. Cyborg walked back into the room, "What's up with Rae? She nearly knocked me over."

"I don't know man. But let's just play," I advised as Cyborg place the game into the console. We began playing but the I realised something.

She didn't yell at me for calling her Rae!

TT

I'm sorry I took so long to update. But I hoped you liked it.

Why is Raven acting weird?

Comment and vote