Chapter 9: Hey, awkward is our thing

Chapter 9:

It has been two months since we met the Nexus. Two months since Raven and I hugged. Two months filled with villains to defeat.

With all our hard work, Nightwing allowed us to have a team vacation and our vacation destination was Hawaii. So, I was currently seated under the umbrella on a beach chair watching the Titans swim in the hotel pool. It was day two of team vacation and we all decided to spend some time around Hawaii. First, we would explore the hotel then we would explore Hawaii.

Cyborg was standing by the buffet table eating the all you can eat meat since his robot parts weren't waterproof. Starfire and Nightwing were swimming in the pool and playing underwater tag.

The sun was burning brightly but the sunscreen was protecting us. I never joke with sunscreen. Last time I didn't apply it properly, let's just say that things didn't go well.

I was wearing a pair of shades and I sat in my swimming trunks and a blue t-shirt. I was actually enjoying myself here. I didn't have to pretend to be something I wasn't and I took a break from the same scenery.

"Is this seat taken?" Raven asked. I turned my head and saw that she was wearing black shorts, a blue t-shirt and a visor. I nodded and turned my head back to the blue water.

"You going to swim?" She asked me as she sat down in the beach chair.

I turned my head back to look at her, "Are you?"

"Yes, I am," She nodded. I was surprised, "Then, I guess I'll swim." I stated.

"Let's go," She ordered as she stood up abruptly. She threw her visor onto her seat. I sat up, "Right now?"

She nodded, "Come on, let's go," She pushed. I stood up and started taking off my shirt. Raven took off her shorts and her t-shirt. She was left in a black bikini. I had to avert my eyes.

I glanced back at her and saw she was also averting her eyes. I cleared my throat to dissolve the awkwardness, "Um, let's go,"

"Yeah," She replied and we walked to the side of the pool. Raven was the first to jump in the pool. She kept surprising me everyday. She resurfaced with her hair slicked back and some strands sticking to her face, "You coming?"

Instead of answering her, I jumped into the pool and landed beside her. I resurfaced and I found Raven giving me a small smile. She swam closer to me, "Let's swim some laps. It can clear our minds,"

I nodded and we both started doing doggie paddles. "Did you know that I hate swimming," Raven admitted, "Since I have pale skin, I get burned easily and sunscreen gets sticky on my skin."

"So," Beastboy began, "Why are you swimming now?"

She shrugged as we neared the edge of the pool. She lifted herself out and sat on the edge, "I'm nearly nineteen. This will be my final year being at an age with the word teen. Sometimes I think I'm too serious,"

"You are too serious," I teased.

She rolled her eyes, "What I'm implying is that I really needed this vacation to try be a teenager. To try things I would never try as a superhero. Here, I'm just Raven not Raven the-"

"Superhero who everyone depends on. I understand," I finished off. Raven frowned, "Let's get back inside,"

We escaped the pool, collected our things from the beach chairs then we headed inside the hotel. We entered the elevator then pressed the button to go to the fourth floor.

"Do you want to do something?" I asked, trying to fill the elevator silence. She remained quiet for a few seconds then she nodded, "Okay."

The doors opened and we exited the elevator. Our rooms were across from each other so we separated into our own sanctuaries. I rubbed a fluffy white towel through my hair as I rummaged through my suitcases.

I decided to wear a purple polo shirt with brown cargo shorts and matching purple flops. I lifted the pamphlet of the hotel and read through the entertainment options.

They had a magic show that would happen in a few hours. Nah, Raven wouldn't enjoy that. Even I wouldn't enjoy that. I'll just ask her what she wants to do.

I opened my door and found that Raven was about to knock. She took a step back and clasped her hands together behind her. She was wearing an off shoulder dark blue shirt with yellow shorts and white flops.

"You ready to go?" She asked. I nodded and we started walking towards the elevator, "I didn't know you had this in your closet," I said referring to her outfit.

Her cheeks heated up and she tried to hide it by tilting her head so her hair could shield face, "Like I said, I'm trying something new,"

"You look nice," I reassured her. She turned and looked at me, "Thanks,"

We entered the elevator and a couple stood on one side kissing and giggling. Raven and I entered standing on the other side as far as possible. Their giggling was loud and a bit obnoxious.

"Steve, stop, wait til we get to the hotel," The brunette girl giggled as her boyfriend kissed her neck. He trailed kisses up her neck, "Why wait when I have you right here?"

Raven shuffled closer to me because she felt really awkward. I placed my arm around her shoulders and pulled her to my side to make her feel better. I think it did because she elbowed my side playfully making me release her, "I'm fine,"

"You sure? You seemed so fascinated by them. You want a kiss," I teased her, closing my eyes then leaning forward and making kissy faces. She snorted and pushed my shoulder. I tipped off balance and tripped forward.

When I opened my eyes, my hands were on either side of her head and our lips were a silver away from touching. She looked into my eyes with wide eyes. I blinked and started apologising, "Rae, I'm so sorry. I don't-"

She leaned forward and our lips touched. My initial reaction was to jerk away but I found myself closing my eyes as we kissed. Her hands rested on my cheeks while my hands found her waist and pulled her closer.

We both pulled away with our eyes closed. I could still feel the feeling of her lips burning on my own. I felt weird. I felt strange. I felt good.

I opened my eyes the same time she opened her eyes. We continued to stare at each other like we were stuck in a trance. The doors to the elevator opened which broke our trance and we both released each other and walked out.

We walked down the lobby towards the door but I grabbed her arm at the last minute and pulled her towards the couches. We sat down and she refused to look at me.

"Uh, Rae, why...why did you... kiss me?" I asked her.

She bit her lip, "Chan, I...I don't know," She sighed, "I've been feeling strange for the past few months and it's because of you. I don't know why I did that. I'm not usually impulsive but when you-"

I placed my hands on her shoulders which abruptly ended her rambling, "It's okay, Rae. Let's forget about it, okay? We can pretend that it never happened, okay?" I reassured her.

She nodded slowly, "Okay. Thank you Changeling. I thought thinks would get awkward,"

I smirked and nudged her shoulder with mine, "Hey, awkward is our thing."

She smiled slightly, "Let's go get the others. We can go into town with them," We stood up and went out the door to find the others.

Even though I told her that we could forget about it, I couldn't stop replaying the kiss in my head. And I don't know what that means.

TT

So...Tell me how you feel because Chan doesn't know how he feels.

More updates soon.