Chapter 5 - No insults

Sorry for not updating soon enough. Thanks to everyone that read this book and thank you to everyone that motivated me. I love you all.

TT

The sun was just above the horizon and the titans were just sitting in the common room, minding their own business. I made humorous jokes that they all laughed to but all i wanted was for night time to come.

And when it did, I fled from my room to the roof. Just before I could shapeshift, i heard the door to the roof push open. I looked around but saw no one.

But, I smelt something. Someone's scent. I knew exactly who it was, "Raven, you can come out. I know it's you," I said. A girl in her blue cloak stepped out of the dark shadows and stared at me with her big amethyst eyes.

They looked at me with such intensity that i almost got hypnotized. Almost.

"What are you doing out here?" I asked, "Where are you going?" She asked. Nice try but not this time, "I asked you first," I retorted.

"I heard a noise outside my door. I came to investigate what it was and I find you out here which brings me to my previous question: Where are you going?" She asked.

"Out," I answered vaguely, turning my back to her. I felt her presence beside me as the wind blew her hood down, blowing her purple hair, "Can I come with you?"

I almost revealed my shocked face. Almost, "I don't think you want to come. Beside, I want to be alone for a while," I admitted.

"Okay then. Just don't let anyone put you down. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent," She advised, patting my shoulder before turning.

I quickly grabbed her wrist, making her stop to look up at me, "Maybe, You could join me. Just for a bit," I shrugged. She stood back beside me, "So, where to first?"

TT

The click of our steps filled the silence that surrounded us. I had my hands tucked into my pockets while Raven had her cloak wrapped securely around her to keep the cold from touching her skin.

Goosebumps popped out against my skin and the air that I breathed revealed the coldness in the air. White smoke escaped my mouth as I attempted to talk to Raven but nothing came out.

What could I say? We were friend but we weren't that close.

So I stayed quiet. We were walking at the bad side of town. Even though Raven was here, I felt that I was alone. Alone to be myself. The serious person rather than the jokester everyone put down.

The two girls that normally made fun of me walked up to us with a smirk planted on their faces. The first one with blonde hair, Amy is what I had learned her name was, whispered into her friends ear but I didn't quite renee her name.

It started with an M. Megan? Molly? I didn't remember, "So, the green freak is back. Oh, and you brought that demon with you," Amy smiled sweetly.

"Oh, this is her? She looks even uglier in person. Where are those four eyes you demon spawn?" M-girl asked. "Oh, how rude of you, Maddie. Show some respect them. They save the world but are also the reason that villains try to destroy it," Amy giggled.

My chest clenched in pain as I heard them talk. I felt dizzy. I looked at Raven to see her with a calm expression. But if you didn't know her very well, You wouldn't have seen the spark of anger in her eyes.

Raven created a portal under their feet and they fell through the dark abyss. My eyes widened, "Where did you send them?" I asked.

"Into a realm that revealed their darkest fears," She said casually. She reopened a portal and Amy and Maddie reappeared.

They weren't confident and snarky anymore. They were trembling and the color in their faces were drained.

"Let's go," Raven ordered, tugging me by my shirt. We continued walking down the road, away from the bad side of town and away from the girls.

"Please don't come here?" Raven said suddenly, "You want me to stop coming to the city?" I asked. She shook her head, "No, stop coming to this side of town." She begged.

"Why?"

"I can't bear to hear the things they say about you. Nobody should insult you,"

I smiled, placing a hand on her shoulder. I would have preferred to hug her but we never do so why start now? She looked at me with a twinkle in her eyes.

"You're not a demon spawn. You're Raven. The hero," I complimented. She shook her head.

"No, you are and never forget that,"

TT

So, Did you like it?

Cause I know I did.

I'll update soon.

Bye.