Chapter 10: I prefer to talk

Raven

Hawaii is beautiful. The Titans drove to town in the rental car and we entered many stores. Despite what others think, I had fun. Surprisingly, Changeling and I stuck by each other's sides despite what happened earlier. It wasn't awkward and we acted as if nothing happened.

But something did happen which was why I was sitting in my hotel room, staring up at the ceiling thinking about what happened in the elevator.

Changeling and I kissed but I was the one who kissed him first. I can still feel the tingling sensation from his lips on mine and I feel weird. I feel strange. I feel good.

There was a knock at my door which interrupted my thoughts. I stood up from my bed and walked to open the door. Starfire stood at the door with an arm full of snacks and beverages and some how her pillow sat on her back. She entered without needing permission and dumped everything on my bed.

I would be lying if I said that I wasn't disappointed that it wasn't Changeling. Starfire turned to me with a big smile on her face, "Raven, I noticed that I haven't had any time to spend with you so I thought that a sleepover might be of order," She explained.

I loved Starfire but now was not a good time for me, "Star, You know that I enjoy spending time with you but tonight isn't the best time. I need to recollect my thoughts,"

Starfire alleviated on to my bed and have a small smile, "Care to talk?"

I went to sit on my bed and I laid on my side. Starfire did the same thing and waited for me to talk, "Something happened earlier," I began, "Changeling and I left the pool to change so we could be ready to go to town. Before we came to call you all, I did something. Something that was wrong. To Changeling and we both agreed that we could forget about it but I can't stop thinking about it."

"What did you do wrong?" She asked me.

"I can't tell you but just know that it was wrong but he did it back and it felt okay until we realised what happened." I continued.

Starfire was quiet for a few minutes before she shot up, "Did you and Changeling," She began with wide eyes, "kiss?"

I sat up as well and shifted my back to her, "I told you that I'm not supposed to tell you," I mumbled. Starfire sat beside me and threw her arm over my shoulder, "Raven, what you did was not wrong. The heart is never wrong. You kissed Changeling. What's so wrong with that?"

"What's wrong is that I kissed him. He apologized and I leaned forward and kissed him. Then we decide to forget it happened." I explained.

Starfire frowned, "Raven, I think you need to set things straight with Chan. This could happen again and I don't think Changeling is ready for it. He...is in a difficult situation right now."

"I know," I admitted, "But what do I do now?"

"Go talk to him," She said as she floated up to the door and opened it then gestured next door. I took my fluffy purple robe and exited the room. Starfire closed the door behind me to give me some privacy.

I gently knocked on the door as I threw on my robe and secured the knot. There was shuffling behind the door before it was slowly opened. Standing in front of me was Changeling. He looked like he had been awake for a while.

He blinked, "Raven? What are you doing here?"

"We need to talk," I began in monotone.

"Yeah, Come in," He said as he stepped back and gestured into the hotel room. I entered the semi dark room and shuffled towards his bed to sit on it. Changeling followed my pursuit and sat on his bed.

I briefly surveyed his room and realized that he had a balcony attached to his room unlike mine. It was probably because his was facing the beach and the pool side. I looked back at him.

"I wanted to talk about what happened earlier today in the elevator when we..." I began.

"Kissed." He finished off. I reached to pull my hood over my head but I realized that I wasn't wearing my cloak. I dropped my hands on my lap.

"We both agreed that we would forget about it so it's all good right?" He said in attempt to make it a joke then he stood up.

"But we can't forget about it. That was something we cannot forget," I pointed out as I stood up as well. He turned his back to me and started walking to the balcony.

"We can try," He mumbled through gritted teeth. He opened the sliding door and stepped out.

I followed him out, "What is your deal? Why do you want to forget about it so badly," I asked him, irritation seeping through my voice.

"Because I felt something," He snapped which rendered me speechless. He dragged his fingers through is hair in frustration, "You kissed me and I felt something. I felt appreciated. I felt loved. I felt complete but then I remembered who I was. Changeling, the green freak. I say to myself, that kiss was an accident. Why would you kiss me? I didn't want to start liking you if it was only one sided so I decided to let it go and forget about it but here you are late at night talking about it."

The silence was overwhelming me, "Chan, You think I don't know what it's like to feel the way you feel? I've felt like that my whole life because I am a demon. There is no changing who I am. The daughter to Trigon the Terrible, the angel of darkness. Does that sound like any quality a person might find attractive about me? I kissed you but I don't know why. Yes, it might have been an accident but I don't think it was a coincidence. I think it's fate. Fate for us to help each other because I'm also afraid that I might start liking you too."

"I don't need help," He snapped but I only stepped closer.

"Everyone needs help. They just don't know how to ask. Chan, let me help you," I begged him. He remained silent. He refused to look at me.

"Changeling," I called him. He still didn't look at me.

"Chan," I called out once more. I took hold of his jaw and forced him to look at me. He looked too vulnerable. His eyes glazed over.

"Gar, I know that I'm the last person to-" I began but stopped when I heard a hiccup.

Changeling pulled me into an tight embrace. This would be the second time I received a hug from Changeling. His shoulders were shaking and his tears created a wet puddles on my shoulder but I didn't care. He needed me or else he would fall apart. I needed him too.

My arms wrapped around his torso as I moved closer to him. He entwined his fingers through my hair and I closed my eyes. I could breath him. I could smell him. I didn't care what colour his skin was or what people called him. I cared about him a lot.

"Rae,"

"Yeah," I mumbled into the crook of his neck.

"I'm sorry," He sniffed as he pulled back.

"What are you sorry about?"

"For kissing you. For crying in the middle of the night. For being so messed up and insecure."

I cupped his cheeks with my hands forcing him to look at me, "No, there is nothing to be sorry about. Chan, I kissed you. I came to your room in the middle of the night. You aren't messed up. You're...You're perfect,"

He stared at me as his forest green eyes sparkled in the moonlight, "Raven, thanks for being here for me. I know I can be a goofball most of the time but thank you for taking my problems seriously,"

I nodded as my thumbs brushed his cheeks, "Of course. I told you...you're not alone. Always remember that,"

TT

Ladies and gentlemen, issues upon issues resolved.

I'm ready for comments.