Chapter 7: Want some hot chocolate?

Hey, I hope you liked the chapter before.

All I really want to do in this book is make it as realistic as possible. People didn't fall in love after two conversations. It takes time.

I hope you like this one.

Enjoy...

TT

A knock came to my door. Strange. It was currently midnight and someone was still awake.

I rolled out of bed and dragged my feet to the door. I pushed it open and saw Raven standing there in her pajamas: A purple sweater and long black flannel pants with purple skulls.

"Raven?" I called out in surprise as I tried to rub the sleep away.

Her eyes widened and she looked away with red staining her cheeks, "Hey, I was just wondering if you if you want to talk..."

"Uh, yeah, sure. But why are you looking away?" I asked.

"Shirt," Was all she said. I then realized what she meant. I usually sleep in only my boxers. I grabbed the nearest sweatshirt and slipped it over my head.

"Uh, so, where do you want to talk? In my room or your room or where..." I asked. She waved me over and I followed her. We arrived in the common room.

On the couch were two blanket and on the table were two mugs with hot chocolate in them. I raised my eyebrows in surprise, "So you planned this?"

"Oh I hoped for it," She shrugged as she moved towards the couch. I followed her and we sat under our blankets with a mug of hot chocolate in our hands.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" I asked. She took a sip from her mug, "Us," She said vaguely.

"What about us?" I questioned. She leaned back against the couch, "Tell me a bit about yourself. Who is Garfield?" She asked.

"Why the sudden curiosity?" I asked suspiciously. She shrugged nonchalantly, "I know I haven't been treating you well and I can tell you don't trust me so I thought maybe we could change that. I want to get to know you better,"

I thought over it for a while. Raven has been trying to make it up to me for a while. Plus she is a nice person to talk to when you need advice.

I nodded, "Okay but you also have to tell me more about you," I bargained.

She nodded and held out her hand, "Deal,"

I shook her hand, "Deal,"

"First question, what is your full name?" She asked, "Garfield Mark Logan and you?" I answered.

"Raven Roth," She answered shyly. I nodded, "Okay, my turn. What is your favourite thing about me?" I asked.

She was quiet for a second, thinking carefully, "Your determination,"

"Really?" I asked in surprise.

She nodded, "And you?" I didn't have to think of it for too long, "Your smile," I answered.

She quirked her eyebrow, "My smile? But you almost never see me smile," She pointed out. I let out a small chuckle, "But when I do, I cherish it,"

Raven attempted to suppress her smile but failed miserably. I smiled, taking a sip of my hot chocolate, "My turn. Why do you choose to be a vegetarian?" She asked.

"Well, for me, you obviously know that I change into animals. They are apart of me so eating them just repulses me." I explain.

"What happens if you do eat meat?" She asked curiously.

"One time Cy shoved some meat into my mouth and I some how swallowed it. For one whole week I was sick. And it was a very small chunk of meat," I explained.

She covered her mouth with her hands, "One whole week?" She gasped. I nodded knowingly.

The rest of the night went the same way. We continued asking each other more questions and I felt like I knew more about Raven than before.

"It's 3am. I better get back to bed," I informed, throwing the blankets over my shoulder whilst Raven did the same.

We both walked down the corridor until we reached her room, "Well, I guess I'll see you later today," I smiled. She nodded.

"I guess so," She agreed rubbing her arms. We looked at each other for a second before shaking our heads, "No hugs," We said in unison.

"Not there yet?" She asked. I nodded in agreement, "Definitely not there yet,"

I'm glad that we both agreed that we weren't at the stage in our relationship where we hugged yet.

She held out her hand, "Goodnight,"

I smiled as I shook her hand, "Goodnight,"

TT

Chapter 7 done. I'm doing my best to update a lot and to make the chapter good. I hope you enjoyed.

Comment and vote...