Chapter Twenty Eight

Chapter Twenty Eight:

(Part two of chapter twenty-two) 

A/N- I was just thinking when all of a sudden I wanted to add this little snippet that is related to Chapter Twenty Two. If you don't remember that chapter I suggest you go read it quickly before reading this one.  

Jules was growing more and more everyday. She was already growing up so fast and Hank wants her to be a newborn again. She was now three months and she has changed everyone. Made Charles come out and actually create the school for other mutants, made Erik realize that going against the humans was a ridiculous idea, Sean finally quit drugs, Raven was more kind and calmed Alex down. Alex wasn't the angry teen he once was, now he was more calm and patient.

Jules even made Hank spend less time in the lab. He didn't want to leave Alex alone to do all the work. He wanted to let his baby girl that he loves her and that work isn't everything to him. Hank worried over everything and always doubted if they were ready for parenthood but Alex had faith. In some ways he knew they were going to be fine in the end. Of course Hank still went to work in the lab everyday but he didn't spend as long in the lab anymore. He had set a schedule and he wasn't going to break it. He promised Alex and Jules that he will be there for them.

He sighs tiredly as he locks the lab doors for the night. He runs a hand over his face as he walks up the stairs. "Hey Alex, did you-" He stops when he notices that he was the only one in the bedroom. Where was Alex? He goes to walk out of the bedroom in search of his husband when he stops when he hears a noise. He frowns and looks around until he spots the baby monitor on the nightstand. Hank silently without even realizing walks over and sits down onto the edge of the queen sized bed. Grabbing the device that looked so small in his big hands, his thumb finds the volume and turns it up so he could hear the soothing noise more clear.

The mother humming a soft lullaby to his child. Hank smiles when he hears Alex humming and Jules cooing softly. When Alex would finish the lullaby, he would start over again more softly and slowly. A mechanism that helped Jules slowly drift off to sleep. He sets the monitor back onto the nightstand and quickly walks over to the room across from their and stops at the doorway. Alex was humming softly as he rocks back and fourth in the white rocking chair. The rocking chair that was supposed to be a joke but turned out to be both Alex's and Jules' favourite daily routine. Hank often woke up in the middle of the night searching for Alex because the blonde wasn't in bed and found him sleeping in the rocking chair beside Jules crib. The younger male too exhausted to crawl back into bed after putting the baby girl back to sleep and dozing off softly in the chair, his foot moving the rocking chair back and fourth gently in muscle memory.

Hank smiles as he leans his hip against the door jam as he watches the scene play in front of him. He watches as Alex continues to hum obliviously. Not noticing that he has an audience, showing his true inner self, he doesn't show his soft loving self often. He has a good heart but he doesn't trust people he doesn't know easily. Even when he becomes friends with them, he still doesn't fully trust them. That is what happens when you spend almost your whole childhood in foster homes that only saw him as a serial number and not a human being.

"Is she asleep?" Hank asks quietly and Alex looks up, humming stopped and the nursery becoming silent. "Oh god bozo, don't scare me like that. Yeah she is mostly asleep." He says and starts rocking again when Jules starts to fuss, making her quiet and falling back to sleep again. "Did you eat dinner?" He asks, pushing himself off the door jam and walking over to his lover. Alex hums again as Hank walks behind the rocking chair. The blond tilts his head up and Hank leans down to give him a quick kiss as he lightly strokes his finger over her cheek.

"Yes, did you?" He asks and Hank smiles. "Yes, Raven brought me a plate." He says and Alex beams at him. "That's good. Are you taking a day off in the lab tomorrow?" He asks and Hank nods as he kisses his lover again. "Yes I am." He says and Alex nods. Hank backs up as the other male stands up and gently places the three month old down into the crib. Jules starts to fuss and Hank reaches over and turns her mobile on. "Come sweetheart, it's late. Let's go to bed." 

Hank whispers as he wraps his arms around his husband.

"Think she will sleep through the night?" Alex asks worried and Hank kisses his temple. "I will get her when she cries." He promises and guides the blond to their bedroom. They quickly get changed into pajamas and crawl into the bed. Hank switches the bed lamp off as Alex snuggles into his side, placing his head onto Hank's chest, over his heartbeat. "Goodnight love." Hank whispers and Alex hums, already falling asleep. "Goodnight darling."