Chapter Nineteen

A: Why do you even love me?

B: Why wouldn't I?

A: But...

B: Your smile is the best I've ever seen. Your heart is the kindest in the world. Your soul is the strongest of all.

B: And of course...

B: *Puts a hand to A's chest.*

B: The fact that you're you.

B: *Smiles* And that's why I love you.

A/N- Can you guess which is which before reading??

Chapter Nineteen:

Alex knew Hank has insecurity. It bugs him how much insecurity his bozo has, but he was there to help him through it. To get past the insecurity and to let his beast know that he truly loves him. That it's not a huge prank in the end, that Alex wouldn't leave him for another guy because what Hank doesn't know is that Hank's it for Alex.

Hank makes him really happy.

The blond does little things to let him know that he was happy and that he wasn't going to ever leave him. Make sure he eats during the day, drags him out of the lab after midnight to get some sleep, gives him small gentle touches that means the world to him. Alex knows he doesn't deserve to get the best boyfriend of the year award because he as his issues as well, but they are working it out.

They already went through a lot, went through so many walls and they completely trust each other. The minute Alex walked into the lab, he knew that Hank was struggling. "Are you alright darling?" He asks lovingly and his boyfriend sighs as he turns to the blond. "Yeah, just thinking is all." He murmurs quietly and Alex frowns. "Is it a bad day for you?" He asks and grabs his boyfriend's hand, fiddling with his fingers.

The other teen just nods. "I'm almost done with the serum but I just can't get the last part to finish." He says frustrated and Alex sighs. He understands why his boyfriend wants to change back to his normal self but Alex loves him for him. Whether that was his human form or his beast form.

"What about you take a break?" He suggests and Hank nods, knowing better then to go against what the laser shooting blond says.

Alex drags him out of the lab and guides him outside into the sunlight. They both walk together, just holding hands. They don't speak, but the silence was comfortable and loving. "Alex?" Hank asks when they finally sit down at a nearby bench. "Yes?" He responds and the other teen sighs as he looks at him with sad amber eyes. "Why do you love me?"

It takes Alex a couple of seconds to register the question and gives him a fond smile even though he was looking at him with confused eyes. "Why wouldn't I?" He asks and Hank looks slightly annoyed that his answer was a question shot back at him. "But..."

Alex doesn't let him continue that sentence. His heart wouldn't be able to hear him say 'but I'm a monster.' "Your smile is the best I've ever seen. Your heart is the kindest in the world. Your soul is the strongest of all." He says gently and wipes a tear away from his eye as he gives him a loving kiss. "And of course..."

He places his hand over Hank's chest. Feeling his heart beating under the warm shirt. "The fact that you're you." He whispers softly and swallows. He wasn't the type of person to talk about feelings, was taught that it was bad to show feelings at a young age. But if this is the chance to make Hank finally accept himself, then he would do it.

Alex would do anything for Hank.

"And that's why I love you." He says smiling, struggling not to show that he was close to tears. Hank wraps his arms around him and pulls him to his chest. "Thank you so much. You are the best thing that ever happened to me. I love you." He whispers and Alex smiles as he tightens his hold on his boyfriend.

"I love you too bozo."