thirteen

"For how long have you known Minghao exactly?". I asked, bringing the cup of tea that I made to my lips.

"Since he was born I was always by his side. I taught him how to walk, how to speak properly,  how to eat. I was his teacher since he was home-schooled. I still am the butler of the Xu family.". He took a brief breath before continuing.

"It was my duty to protect Minghao and make sure the little master would grow well. It was Madame's order.". His cup made a light sound as he placed it on the little plate in his left hand.

"M-Madame?". I asked.

"Oh, Minghao's mother, Meihui Xu. Sadly she died when her two children were little.". He smiled a little as he looked out of the big window.

"Mr. Kang- Seojun, then why their father couldn't just grow them by himself?". If he was a great father to them then he should have tried to have an positive impact on them.

"He was always busy with work and with his business, he didn't really have all that time to spend with his two sons. When master Junseo, the oldest, was around 10 years old and little master Minghao was 7 years old, he started to show them his world and wanted them to become like him, so that in the future they would take his place and run the business.".

I nodded deep in thought and took a sip of the green tea. Then, did they have a good and solid relationship? Did they at the end took the father's steps?

Because it seems like Minghao's brother did that and became a millionaire.

"If you're wondering, at the start they had a great father-sons relationships, but after a while it all went down. Minghao was his father's favourite and Junseo didn't respect Master's decisions because he is the first child and it's common to give everything to the first born in line.".

"Minghao was a true talent at dancing and singing, he loved spending his time with his friends, beside studying, so he didn't really care about being the one running a business.". He added before drinking the tea. "Master Junseo had another tutor, he wasn't under my authority.".

"Then how did it end?". I asked as I listened to his soothing voice.

He sighed. "Mhm, their father decided to give Junseo the business, making him a successful and rich man, while Minghao, who clearly stated to not want to follow the father's steps, became part of the group Seventeen and entered the idol career. They all seemed to approve of his decision.".

We placed our empty cups on the low table as silence surrounded us. Everything went silent for a few minutes as my brain organized everything.

They all had a good relationship, between ups and downs. Then, what could have gone wrong? When was it? What happened?

'I don't think the family is involved in this'. I thought in my head as I placed the white cups in the sink.

Something doesn't add up, I still miss informations about them, important informations that may help Minghao. I don't want to give him false hopes.

"Seojun then could you tell me...". I walked back to the living room seeing that he was putting on his coat again, fixing everything perfectly. "more.". I finished a bit disappointed.

"Oh Miss, I'm sorry but I really have to go now. I still have duties to complete and Master Junseo won't be happy if he sees me like this.". He approached me and held my hands, placing a little rectangular sheet in my hand, folded neatly.

"Here take this. Call me if you need anything, I'll try to help you.". He smiled and I felt like my body was wrapped in a warm fluffy blanket. "Take care of my little Master, Miss Y/N.".

I nodded before he let go and I opened the door for him. "Thank you. Have a nice trip back, Sir.". I bowed at him.

"I will, have a nice afternoon.". He politely waved before turning his back to me and walking away.

The sound of the door closing made silence return in my apartment.

What was that just now?

I scratched my head before hearing someone running on the stairs and then knocking on my door. What a tiring day.

"Hello Vern-". I picked me up before I could greet him. The surrounding was spinning has he swirled me around.

"Ehy! Put me down!". I shouted.

He put me down as I saw my three neighbours standing in front of me, smiling widely.

"Okay... what is it?". I asked confused.

"Look at this!". Joshua showed me a flier.

I read it out aloud. "Recruiting for staff. Stylist, make-up artist and manager....". I looked at them still not knowing what they meant.

They all sighed not seeing the reaction they were expecting. "We know you're searching for a job and you still haven't heard from the ones you applied for....". Vernon said.

That's true. It had been weeks and I still didn't have a notification from any of the places I sent a job request. I was frustrated.

"Our company is searching for stylists, make-up artists and managers, so we immediately thought of you.". Jeonghan explained as he leaned on the door frame.

I widened my eyes. "Guys thank you but I can't accept this, I'm not suitable for any of those jobs.".

"At least give it a thought. It wouldn't hurt, would it?". Jeonghan added as he brushes his copper coloured hair.

I looked at the flier in my hands and back at them. "Okay, I'll think about it and tell you guys what I decided.".

The three of them made a 'yay' sound.

"Sorry to interrupt your tiny party but there is someone here who is lacking sleep since yesterday, so please get out.". I said as I started to push Joshua and Vernon out, Jeonghan was already waiting for his friends outside in the corridor.

"C'mon Y/n! You're always closed in your apartment! Come with us since we don't have anything to do today!". Vernon whined.

"Another day. Goodbye!". I closed the door just in time before they would start to drag me away for my comfort zone.

I plopped down on the sofa, my stomach pressing on the soft materass. "I'm tired, let's just sleep for ten minutes and then wake up.". I curled in a ball.

The flier I abandoned on the little table in front of the sofa was catching my attention.

"I'll think about it but I already know that I won't accept that job.". I turned around and drifted off to sleep.