seven

"What?". He answered in a whisper.

His hands were now tightly holding the sofa, his eyes wide as he looked at me.

"Are you serious or are you joking around?". He asked not taking in what I said.

"I-I'm not kidding!". I told him in all sincerity. "I can ask him if he can come here, you'll probably be able to see him!". I stood up as he did the same.

He suddenly grabbed my shoulders blocking me. "Y/N please, this is not funny. He can't be alive, he is not here anymore! And ghosts don't even exists!". His voice raised a bit as he looked straight in my eyes.

"Jeonghan I know this is difficult to understand, but trust me, I'm saying the truth he is living with me. He is a ghost.". He released my shoulders and took a few steps while holding his head.

"How is it possible? How?". He continued repeating under his breath, his footsteps were the only background sound filling the silence of the living room.

"I don't know how is that possible. I didn't even believe in ghosts myself, but he is here." I answered. "Do... Do you want to see him if you can?". I wasn't sure if I was the only one with this strange power.

He stopped in his tracks. "Did he say something before? When he, as you say, was here?". He blurted out, not answering my question.

I watched as he sat down to calm down, his eyes only looking at his black shoes. "Yeah, he said that he is happy to see you and the others being yourselves again and living in peace.". I heard him chuckle under his breath.

"He is caring as always, warm-hearted. It wasn't easy when he passed away, you know...". He intertwined his hands as his elbows rested on his legs, his head now resting on the back of the sofa, looking at the ceiling.

"For me, for us.." He said referring to the other boys. "We are trying to get back to normal even if years passed after what happened that night..". He let out a breath and looked at me as I sat down again.

I was very confused. I really wanted to know what happened to Minghao but I didn't want to seem intrusive.

"Did he by any chance mention something about his death?" He asked again after a minute of silence.

"He just said that he doesn't remember clearly, as if everything was blurred and he couldn't recognize the people in his memory. He mentioned he was probably drunk with his friends and then-". I tried to remember what he said. "I think he said he felt a sharp pain..".

Jeonghan just nodded at what I said, his sweather following every movement of his arms as he was trying to find a comfortable position.

"I bet he did felt that...". His gaze was lost again in his imagination.

"I promised to help him find out more about his death since he can't remember well.". He crossed one leg over another. "Do you perhaps know-".

"No. I don't know.". He said in a cold voice but I could see he knew something. "And I also don't want to talk about it." He finished, leaving me with unanswered questions.

"Listen I-" but before I could finish, Joshua knocked and opened the door, flashing a smile.

"Hello, I just got back and remembered you guys where here. Vernon is at his cousin's house.". He stepped in closing the door. "Why the long faces? Did something happen?".

"Y/N, tell him please." Jeonghan ordered without looking at us, his gaze only fixed on the trees outside.

"Uhm...". I started but the words kept dying in my throat. "J-Joshua please don't freak out.".

Joshua's expression was now pure confusion as his eyes continued to switch between me and his friend.

"Your friend Minghao..". His body stopped moving. "Is a ghost.. and he is living with me here.". I whispered.

"Really?". He put his hands on his head, his straight hair ruffled as he let go. "Xu Minghao? For real? You're not kidding right??".

"No I'm not.". I watched as a little smile appeared on his lips. It was like watching someone who just got a perfect score in a test.

"This is-". His eyes were sparkling with emotions. "This is amazing! Right Jeonghan? We might be able to see him again! Talk to him!". But Jeonghan's eyes were still looking outside.

"Well, I'm still not sure if you can see him..". I stated.

"But! You can tell us what he says when he talks with us!". He took a few steps on the carpet. "Woah, I can't believe this!". He turned to look at Jeonghan, who had a confused expression on his face.

"Joshua, he is dead, he can't be here. Ghosts don't exist..." Jeonghan said almost whispering. "I want to be believe it, I really do, but I don't know what to think about this. We all miss him but this is something.... it's difficult to really think in that way, let's be honest.".

Joshua seemed to forget the happiness he was feeling and his body lose all the strenght he had. "You're probably right but we can't also be sure about him not being here. It's a fifty-fifty situation.".

"Mhm, let's just think about this over Joshua. We still need time to realize all this situation.". I could sense Jeonghan wasn't believing what I had just said, but I was sure it was just because it's not easy hearing that your friend, dead friend, was actually there as a ghost.

It was actually crazy to think like that.

After that, the two boys informed me they still needed time, Joshua was convinced by Jeonghan to not jump right in and believe everything.

I might have become their friend, but that didn't mean they trusted me completely. We only knew each other for like a few days.

Jeonghan said he wanted to stay alone for a while so he went back to their apartment.

"I'm really sorry, I shouldn't have-". Joshua cut me off.

"Y/N, don't worry. It's not your fault, he just needs more time. And I think we all do. Thank you for telling us. We will inform you later.". And with that he got out too after Jeonghan, leaving my mind in a maze.

What was that Jeonghan didn't want to talk about? And something must have definitely happened that infamous night. Joshua must know something too and I think all the boys do too, but how many are they exactly?

I groaned in frustration as I hit the door before locking it.

Minghao was nowhere to be seen and I shrugged. These boys are driving me insane and so does their story together.

A shower to clear my ideas was what I really needed.