six

It has been exactly 3 days since the boys helped me with my boxes and now my apartment really feels like home. I also talked with them again and went to eat lunch with Jeonghan and Joshua.

I also updated Hoseok and Jungkook, who also told me he finished his videogame and he bought a new one, at which Hoseok just groaned playfully.

Minghao and I have been talking a lot too while I was at home doing nothing, just watching dramas on my computer and read books.

I tried to apply for a job yesterday, but I didn't get an answer yet. That's quite frustrating since I obviously need money to live on, buy food and pay the rent, even if it's not that expensive. I had the money my mother gave me, but I didn't want to rely always on her, I had to be more indipendent.

My ghostly roomate wasn't that happy when I told him I had lunch with my neighbours or when I went out to hang out with them and their funny friends, who also became mine.

He always had a sad and distant expression, his eyes looked away as I mentioned them yesterday. His gaze turned cold as their names slipped out of my mouth.

I didn't really understand why but I didn't want to press him or anything, to be honest, I was a bit worried of his sudden change of attitude.

"Are you really inviting him over again?". Minghao suddendly asked making me look away from my computer and back at him sitting on the sofa.

"Yeah, why?". I couldn't believe him.

"Mmh, nothing." He looked outside the window as I sighed and rolled my eyes. "It's quite nice to see him being himself again after what happened..". He whispered but loud enough for me to hear it.

"What do you mean?". I asked without holding back. I was just curious after all; we are living together and yet we don't know much about each others. Not that I chose to live with a ghost anyway.

A faint smile appeared on his lips, his eyes meeting mine again. "It's a long story. I'm just happy that he is finding peace and joy again. The same goes for the others.". He nodded, his bangs covering again his dark eyes.

"Minghao.". I called him and he hummed in respond. "This might be quite rude to say, but...". I trailed off not sure if I should ask him. "How did you die?".

"No need to be scared to ask.". He said. "I don't quite remember what happened, I think it's because I probably got drunk that night with my friends. Yea I remember that." He smiled at the memory. "But then I felt a sharp pain in my body, everything was so blurry, I-I don't remember..." His eyes looked in front of him, as he was trying hard to find an answer to his questions, his face was concentrated. "There were a lot of people but they didn't look like my friends... I-I..."

"You will probably remember it, don't overthink it now.". I reassured him.

"Yeah. I hope so too but it has been three years now and nothing came back in my mind." He stated in a worried voice and in my heart cracked a bit.

"I will help you. We will search for any clue that can be connected to you. Maybe I can ask them too....".

"Don't... don't ask them everything. Don't insist to receive an answer from them. Let them be if they don't want to talk about it.". He got up facing the window, his voice monotone.

So they actually know each other. "Can I at least ask them if they know you? If they can see you?".

"Yes, I don't really mind." He looked down at his feet. "As you saw before, I can't touch human skin. Even if they saw me, I can't even hug them to tell them everything is okay and play around like we did.". His voice was full of saddness. "I c-can't...".

I could see he was trying hard to hold his emotions. His fingers then brushed his hair backwards as he always did when he was frustrated, I learned that from being around him.

"But yeah, you can ask Jeonghan. He is coming here now.". He then vanished away before I could say something. There were two knocks on the door that made me turn away from the spot Minghao was previosly standing.

I went to open the door and there he was, my neighbour Jeonghan. I noticed immediately his hair, that were now dyed red, like the colour of bronze. He was wearing a white shirt under a pink sweather that was open at the front and some simple jeans.

"It suits you well, I like it." I said pointing at his hair and letting him in before closing the door.

"Thanks, I did it after we went out for lunch." He said and sat slowly on the sofa, his elbows on his knees as he was watching me. "Joshua had an urgent to do so he couldn't come.".

"It's okay..". I told him. I was still confused at what Minghao said before. Why shouldn't I ask everything? And what did he mean with him seeing his friend being himself again? What actually happened?

"Y/N? Are you okay?". I snapped out of my thoughts and came back to reality. I waved my hands to tell him everything was fine.

I then plopped down next to him, looking at my hands. I could feel his worried gaze on me. I couldn't hold it in anymore.

"Actually I have to ask you something.".

"Yes..?". He placed his back on the couch.

"Uhm.... do you perhaps know Minghao? Xu Minghao?". I watched his face go blank in a second, his eyes lost as they were looking into an another world. His body stiffened.

"I do know him very well... Why? How do you know him?". He let out the breath he was holding.

It was now me who was having a hard time speaking. How can I tell him? How can I reveal that I'm living with him? With a ghost?

"Jeonghan. What I'm about to say may shock you. You may think I'm crazy, that there is something wrong with me-"

"I would never think that, you are a really nice person.". He said with an anxious voice.

"No, please. I-I have to tell you this but I don't know how. It may sound strange, real strange.". I added as his eyebrows furrowed.

"Y/N what is it? You're making me worried and anxious, what happened?".

I looked at my hands on my lap trying to find the right words. I was sure he would totally freak out. It's not an everyday thing you say to people or friends, it's a topic you would laugh about, making jokes.

But this is real. This is actually a real thing and not only a fantasy.

"Jeonghan.". I squeezed my hands together. I had to tell him if I wanted to help him.

"Minghao is a ghost and he is living with me.".

I held my breath as I only heard silence. The room was quiet for a few moments, as if time stopped and everything was still.

"What?". He answered in a whisper.