eleven

I bought new lilies as he asked and now they were back in the glass vase in front of the window.

This morning was quite peaceful. Minghao told me he would be back later and I agreed to that, he probably knew someone who spent time with him, maybe another ghost.

Since he was not here and after I got back from the flower shop, an idea popped in my head. I took off my coat and sat on the couch, taking out my laptop and placing it on my crossed legs.

"Let's see...". My fingers typed by themselves, letter after letter.

[ Xu Minghao ]

My eyes scanned the screen as images and informations appeared one by one.

[ Idol Xu Minghao finally debuts in the group Seventeen ]

"Mh, so he is an idol and part of a big group." I murmured seeing a lot of articles like that and I scrolled down more to see if there were something else.

[ Seventeen Wins Again! ]
[ Jun and The8 ]
[ Cute pics of Minghao ]
[ Xu Minghao disappeared? ]

My eyebrows furrowed as I read that. "This is from three years ago, let's see".

I clicked and an article opened up, a few photos of Minghao smiling on the side. It seemed like nobody updated it recently.

I started reading it. "Xu Minghao, member of the group Seventeen, seems to have vanished. Fans said he didn't show up at events for quite some time and they are worried something has happened to him, but no one confirmed anything about him.".

I went back to the home page and searched  [ Xu Minghao disappear ] and a lot of things came out, all articles from three or two years ago, a few recents one, so I just chose the first one.

It said the same things as the one I read before but they added something else.

"Seventeen's company said the group will be taking a break for quite some time and the members will still publish photos and update on the social medias if they want to.". I scratched my head.

"This announcement was made after one of the boys, Minghao, also known as The8, didn't show up at the latest events for the fans, including an important tv-show. Some rumors say that he is sick or he wants to spend more time with his family.".

"However, someone said they saw the police talking with Seventeen's manager, the group and also to Minghao's older brother, who said he was very stressed and needed a break, but he didn't know where he was at the moment.". I scrolled down but that was the end.

I checked other websites but they said the same things over and over again. Him disappearing, the boys and the manager not knowing anything, his brother neither.

What did really happen?

I opened Twitter on my phone and searched for Seventeen's official page.

The last thing posted was a photo with all the members together, smiling while waving at the camera in front of them. The caption said "We love you all! Thank you! We will be back soon!" and the message was dated almost 2 years and a half ago, however there were a lot of messages under that.

I zoomed in and looked at them closer. "Wait... Jeonghan and Vernon? And Joshua too are part of the group?? I think I saw this guy before...". I said as I closed it and scrolled down on others tweets, both photos and videos.

They were wearing beautiful outfits with their hair styled and makeup on point. I could see from their eyes the passion they were putting in every performance and every little thing for their fans. In one video, apparently a fancam, they were shining under the lights of the stage and flashing smiles and hearts to everyone around them.

But I was still confused. What could have happened that made also the group to take a break?

I locked my phone and returned on my laptop, looking straight at the screen as if an idea would come out at any moment, my lips forming a pout.

The taps of my finger on the computer were the only sound in the room.

"His friends know nothing, the same goes for their manager and probably the agency too.... Brother.... His brother!". I exclaimed.

[ Xu Minghao's Brother ]

There weren't a lot of informations, just that he is a famous and rich guy living in China, he owns various brands, including a fashion industry and a car one. I also found out his name: Xu Junseo.

Nothing more, the news correlated to that talked about Minghao's case, but it was the same thing I found before. There were only photos of his big brother beside modern cars and in front of luxury building, wearing suits and expensive clothes.

I sighed and let my head fall backwards hitting the sofa. I had to find a way to search more informations, I couldn't use only internet since not everything may be true.

I didn't want to give false hopes and lies to Minghao about what happened to him.

I typed again on the search bar [ Xu Minghao ] and looked at the photos that were displayed.

I clicked on a video where he was dancing. He seemed to be younger and his hair were dyed blond, his body moving elegantly at every beat of the song, arms and feet describing perfect lines as he followed the choreography.

"Miss me?". I heard a voice right next my ear and I jumped on my spot, closing immediately the pc.

Minghao snickered as he floated and sat on the sofa beside me, legs crossed.

"You scared me!". I yelled at him and he continued to laugh. "Don't do that again, I thought you would come back later.".

"Oh? What were you doing? Admiring photos of me in secret when you have the real one in front of you?". He teased and I felt my face blushing, so I looked away from him.

"I-I was just searching infos on your past. Nothing else.". My voice came out calm but my heart was beating faster since I was feeing a mix of emotions.

"Yeah right, looking at photos of me and watching a video of me dancing when I was young is 'searching informations on my past'.". He added. "Why is your face so red then?". At that my cheeks burned up more causing me to groan in frustration.

"I'm just probably getting sick. Yeah, sick!". I exclaimed to cover my embarassment. "I probably caught a cold! It's nothing related to you! You are not the cause of this!".

"You're cute when you do that.". He smiled softly at me who started rambling.

"Ugh, Minghao stop it!".