eight

After a nice shower, I spent the afternoon on the sofa watching movies on television and surfing the net on my pc to clear my mind.

Without knowing it, night already came and the sun went down for quite some time, since everything outside was pitch black and the moon was shining up in the sky.

I didn't hear anything from my neighbours, maybe they were still shocked from what I told them, most probably scared of me, thinking that I was seriously going crazy and that I could have found informations on the internet or made up a story.

On the other hand, Minghao didn't talk with me. I saw him sitting on the balcony for almost an hour, his back facing me, before vanishing for some time and reappearing on the balcony again, where he was still sitting.

It was like he was absorbed in his own world, his black hair touching slightly his shoulders as he turned around, getting up and standing in front of me with a blank expression.

After a few seconds I titled my head, lowering the volume of the video I was watching on my computer. "What?".

His lips parted as if he was thinking of what to say and then he spoke up. "I wanted to thank you for telling them and trying to get them to understand, but it's probably better to not bring the topic up again.".

He paused for a bit. "Maybe... it's best if you don't ask further about me and what happened to me. I think I can continue to live like this without knowing what happened. I lived until now like this and I don't think it's important to know about that night anymore.".

I mouth opened, closing definitely the computer on my lap and moving it to the side. "M-Minghao, I think you should at least know-".

He cut me off. "It's not like we can turn back time, uh? What's done is done. I'm not alive anymore and nothing can change that.". His voice was full of both anger and saddness, his expression said it all.

"And also, we don't know each other that much. I don't need your help and I don't worry about you and you should do the same, you can live peacefully here with me without investigating on what happened to the old living me.". His tone turned cold and I looked away from him.

"You can stop searching informations about that night. Stop helping me, Y/N.".

I sighed heavily out of frustration. One day he tells me he wants to know what happened and asks me to help me, and the other he changes him mind. What the hell?

"I want to help you. Whether you like it or not, I'll continue to do what you and me agreeded to.". I got up and closed the curtains of the big window in the living room, the light of floor lamp hugging my figure, my back facing him.

His body stood still for a minute before he looked down. "I just don't want you to get hurt." He mumbled under his breath and I turned to face him.

"Get hurt from what? I can't understand you right now Minghao. I know we don't know each other a lot but that doesn't matter! You tell me I shouldn't worry about you but I can't help it! And if you really didn't worry about me, you shouldn't say you don't want me to get hurt since you don't care.". My hands were moving in the air in circles as I let out a breath.

As if he didn't hear a single thing I said, he took a step forward and stood right in front of me. "Y/N, promise me you won't get hurt.". His voice sounded so serious in that moment and I got lost for a second in his dark eyes.

"Who could hurt me?" I asked confused.

"I-I... Please just promise me.". He said again, his bangs moving on his forehead and in front of his eyes.

"I promise... but I don't understand.". I trailed off as he moved away and sat on the floor where those old cds I found on the first day were piled up, next to the vase with the lilies.