Chapter 26: A little bit of help

Katherine's pov:

I look up at Dwayne as his hand lightly traces over the bruises on my neck "I ummmmm can't remember...." I say softly and at this his eyes flick up to me "Why did you hesitate when you said that?" He asks and I shrug my shoulders "Just tell me who it was okay.....I'm going to find out sooner or later..." He says softly and I shake my head "No.....I don't want you to hurt him." I whisper quietly and he narrows his eyes "So it's a friend and they're Male? Who. Was. It. Katherine?" He says starting to get a little louder and I steal a glance over at Marko who looks nervous as hell, Dwayne follows where I'm looking to and sees Marko. His hands break away from being around me and he starts walking over towards Marko's direction "You little shit!" He growls loudly before I follow him and grab on to his arm, pulling with all my strength. "Dwayne please! It was an accident!" I shout as he pretty much drags me along as if I weigh nothing.

      I turned to see that Marko was just standing there, not knowing what to do before he's thrown against the wall with inhuman strength, a deep growl emanating from Dwayne and I look up to see his face has shifted. I think of the only thing I can do, a let go of his arm and throw myself in front of Marko, using my body as a human shield. "Stop it!" I shout to Dwayne and he looks behind me at Marko and growls loudly before trying to step to the side of me. I mirror his movements. "Dwayne! If you hurt him......I.....I......me and you will be done, over, through and I will get a one way ticket out of Santa Carla and you will NEVER see me again!" I say and his face changes back to normal. "W-What?" He asks me and I nod my head. "I am serious about this......it was an accident, he was half asleep and having a nightmare...it's not his fault." I say softly before looking at Marko on the floor who was nursing a broken arm. "Fine." Dwayne mumbles before walking off to go and sit in the couch. "And unmmm Dwayne? Go get something to eat please.....I can tell you're the type who gets hangry." I say causing him to smile before getting up and walking out of the cave.

Marko's pov:

"Are you okay?" Katherine's soft voice asks as she crouches down next to me, a look of concern etched on her face. "You didn't have to do that.....you should've let me taken the beating that I deserve..." I say, looking up at her as I held my arm, it was definitely broken and would need a few hours to repair to it's full extent. "And why would I do that? I don't want to see you....any of you getting hurt." She says and I can tell something had changed with her, she knew something. "Come on....I imagine the floor isn't very comfortable..." She says with a slight smile before she helps me up and in to her room. "Are you two really going back to bed....damn you're lazyyyy!" Paul asks with a grin and she puts her middle finger up at him "Incase you haven't noticed, Dwayne broke Marko's arm." She hisses at him as she leads me to her room.

I end up lying on her bed, my arm stretched out, and Katherine lying facing me, my arms supporting her neck slightly before I try to move "I need a smoke." I say softly and she shakes her head "Don't move....I'm comfy...." She says before reaching in to my pocket to bring out my pack of smokes and a lighter. She lights one up and carefully brings it to my lips. "Hmmmm.....thank you." I say with a laugh. This was perfect.