Chapter 15: The boardwalk

Katherine's pov:

         I hugged David tighter and scrunched my eyes up tight as we zoomed past all the trees, leaving a trail of dust behind us. "Oh My God! Slow down!" I shout to David as I cling on for dear life. I can hear and feel him chuckling before her accelerates even more, swerving in between stones and fallen branches before I feel myself slipping backward as he does a wheelie. "David! David!" I shout in genuine fear and panic, and at this he slows down just a bit. "You okay Princess?" He calls back and I hug him tightly, the sides of his jacket almost falling off of me. "No." I say and he slows down a lot now "We're almost there, I promise." He says before speeding up yet again.

       We stop at the boardwalk and I have never been more relieved in my life as I sit on the bike, before David nudges me "You coming?" He asks and I put my hand up for a second before I pull myself off of the bike. My legs give up on me and I almost fall if it wasn't for Marko who happened to be standing next to me, he caught me before I fell and helped support my weight as my legs felt like jelly. "Woah! You okay?" He asks, concern staining his features. "I-I'm Fine......." I say before I start to walk. I don't get too far before I find a bin and put my head in it, throwing the contents of my stomach up. "Ughhhhhhh......."

Marko's pov:

      I follow her, making sure she doesn't fall over before she throws up in the bin and I'm quick to hold her hair back before looking pointedly at David "That's not my fault, blame Paul he's the one who let her have more than six joints." He says, lighting a cigarette and bringing it to his lips. "Does anyone have any water or some- urghhhh!" Katherine manages to choke out before throwing up again "Paul, go get a bottle of water and some tissues please!" I say as I continue to hold her hair back.

      A few minutes pass and as Katherine cleans herself up in a portaloo I wait for her, leaning against the wall. "You okay in there?" I call, waiting for her response. "Uh Yeah.....I'm coming out now." She says before the door opens and she comes out, her raven hair tied up in to an elegant bun on the top of her head.
"Does this mean we're not going on the rides?" I turn and Laddie is standing there, looking more than disappointed before Katherine shakes her head "Uh no...,.it means we're definitely going on the rides because I feel fine now!" Katherine says, ruffling his hair and he perks up instantly "YAYYYY!" He exclaims before grabbing her hand and running off. "Well, we're not gonna see then for another two hours." I say before Dwayne takes off and follows them.

Katherine's pov:

      Laddie dragged me all around the boardwalk, racing in to different shops just to look at the clothes and the food. We went on quite a few rides, only the ones Laddie was tall enough for. I didn't really notice that Dwayne was like a shadow, following our every move.

     Laddie eventually got tired and wanted to go back, and that's when I spotted the Ferris wheel. It was red with bright lights. "Laddie, I just wanna go on the Ferris wheel okay? And we need two people, so do you wanna go on?" I ask and he shakes his head "It's too high...." he says and I sigh softly. "I'll go on with you." I turn and see Dwayne standing behind me, his hands in his pockets.