Chapter 5: Sleeping beauty

Katherine's pov:

"Ughhhhhhhhhhhh......." I groan softly, my eyes fluttering open as I feel something cold and wet being dragged across my face, I look around the room through blurred vision before my eyes try and focus on the figure who appears to be sitting next to me. "Wh- who're you?" I ask with a croaky voice before my head slumps back and I lose consciousness yet again.

*Two days later*

           Where am I? What is this place? Why can't I remember anything? These are some of the few questions that ran around my head as my eyes fluttered open and I seemed to be looking at the canopy of a bed. I sit up, too quickly before coming dizzy and disoriented again. It takes a moment to refocus my vision and look around.

         Am I in a cave? I think to myself, looking around the place, failing to notice the little boy sitting crossed legged at the foot of the bed, his head tilted in curiosity as he watched me. It wasn't till he speak up that I actually noticed him "Hi." I jump in fright turning towards him "Hello?" I say and he tilts his head the other way. "What's your name?" He asks and I look at him, confused. "My name? It's Katherine....but you can call me Kat if Katherine is too hard to say." I almost mumble, my throat dry as hell. "Okay, Kat! I'm Laddie but you can call me.......you can call me...... Lad! If Laddie's too hard to say!" He says, perking up, and I catch a gleam of childish delight in his eyes. I laugh softly at his response, a warm smile etched on my lips now before frowning softly "Okay, well it's nice to meet you Laddie......why am I here?" I ask softly.

       He grins when I ask this before responding quickly "Because Dwayne and Paul fancy you!" He says before laughing an almost melodic laugh. I frown even more when he says this "And who's Dwayne and Paul?" I ask him and he looks up at me with a smile "My big brothers." He says, moving a little closer to me now. "Are you gonna be my new sister?" He asks, a hopeful gleam in his eye. I almost wanted to say 'yes' to keep that adorable smile on his face but that would be lying, I don't like lying to children if I can help it. "No, sorry." I say, regretting the words as he slumped back in defeat. "Oh......okay then...." He says, disappointed before he perks up again, looking as if it's Christmas Day "THEY'RE HOME!" He shouts before scrambling off of my bed and running down the little corridor, I go to follow him but I realise that I'm in just a shirt and panties so I sit back on the bed, trying to find my bag.

         Paul's pov:

          "Hey little man!" I say before ruffling Laddies hair as he makes a B line for Dwayne, jumping in to his arms as Dwayne laughs and hugs him. "She's awake!" Laddie practically shouts, excitement clear in his voice as Dwayne puts him down. Me and my brother make eye contact for a brief second before both running towards the little passageway leading to the only bedroom still kind of intact. I'm almost pushed out of the way by Dwayne but I manage to skip past him and run down the tunnel, stopping when I reach the door before I compose myself and open the door.

       "Knock, knock......" I say as soft as I can as I hear Marko laugh through our link and say something like "You sound like you're talking to a sleeping baby." I take a step in to the room, Dwayne following my every step. "Hello....." I say with a bright smile as I see the raven haired beauty was even more beautiful awake than asleep, her crystal blue eyes showing signs of confusion, curiosity and fear all at the same time. "Ummmmm hi." She says in a meek, shy voice.

     Before I can say anything to her, Dwayne has barged me out of the way. "Good evening Miss, may I ask what your name is?" He asks and I roll my eyes "Jesus Christ Dwayne, have you stepped out of eighteenth century Britain? Want me to get you a top hat and a cane to go along with your impeccable manners?" I mock and much to my delight the girl laughs quietly. What a laugh! I think to myself. "I'm just being polite Paul, something you of all people would never understand." He retorts, his eyes not leaving the girl. "Well, I'm Dwayne and the idiot over there is my brother Paul." He says, extending a hand which she doesn't shake much to my amusement.

        "And I'm Marko!" Comes a voice from behind us.

      Marko's pov

        I slink in to the room out of pure curiosity to see what had gotten these two so worked up over the past couple of days. The girls sat crossed legged in the middle of the bed, the covers around her waist as she looked between the three of us, not knowing what to do or say. "Well....." I say cutting the silence like a knife. "It's nice to meet you, whatever your name is." I say, taking her hand and shaking it before she can protest. Then it clicked. This girl was probably one of the most beautiful girls I had ever seen, actually, she IS the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. She was gorgeous.