Chapter 65: Forever and always.

Paul's POV:

I held her in my arms as I fought the urge to hunt the bastard who had dared to even come close to my sweet Kitty. The way her arms clung to me and how she buried her face in to my chest pained me, even though it was my favourite feeling in the world to hold the love of my life in my arms it tore me apart to know she was doing it to feel safe. Something, someone had scared her so much that she was holding me as tight as her body would allow.

"You're safe." I murmur bending my neck to bury my face in to her hair. I could feel her heart rate slow down more yet could still smell the lingering fear that was embedded in to her aura. I move my head away when I feel her angle her face up to meet mine.

The site of her was breathtaking yet tore my heart to pieces, her eyes swollen and puffy, her cheeks red and tear stained, the look of fear in her eyes.

"I-I don't understand......who was that?" Her voice is meek and barely a whisper.

"I don't know."

Marko's POV:

Left.
Right.
Left.
Left.
Right.
Left.

I had been running through the woods dodging the fallen trees and hanging branches as I followed the scent of the stranger. How had they gotten away so fast? I couldn't see anything, anyone yet I could still smell that unfamiliar scent, it wasn't human yet not vampire. How could this be?

I continued on through the woods turning and weaving my way through until I came to the road that eventually leads to the cave.

Nothing.

Not a single thing or person was there.

I stood there contemplating whether I should continue my search before deciding it was best to head back to the cave, whoever, or whatever was chasing Katherine new that it wasn't welcome in the slightest and wouldn't be coming back anytime soon.

I turn to leave before something stops me, catching my eye. I bend down and stare intently at the ground. A boot print. It wasn't much but it was something to go off of. The boot print was large, looking as though it came from someone with either standard work boots or biker boots. I send a mental image through the pack bond before taking off for the cave again. This time I'm slow going back, making sure to look at every detail on my way back to be sure I don't miss anything.

"Find anything else Marko?" Paul's voice rings in my ears.
"No, on my way back now."

Paul's POV

"Come on let's get you inside." I say gently, cupping Kitty's face and swiping the tears from her face before I pick her up and she automatically wraps her legs around my waist.
"They were probably trying to get you because you're so smoking hot." I half heartedly say, trying my best to cheer her up. I hear her sniffle before a small laugh escapes her mouth.

"Oh yeah? I can't help it if I'm irresistible." She jokes in between tears.

"Oh I didn't say anything about irresistible, I just said you were hot Kitty......" I laugh as I carry her in to the cave, shooting both Dwayne and David; especially David; a look as they both go to move towards us as I carry her toward the bedroom. They both back off. As they fucking should.

"Wait, so I'm not irresistible?" The mock sadness in her voice still gets to me somehow and I set her down on the bed before kneeling in front of her, holding her hands.

"No, irresistible is an understatement. You are the most beautiful soul I have ever had the pleasure of knowing in my 83 years on this earth, and you will continue being so for the rest of my life, which is forever." I realise that I was being way too sappy for my liking so I waffle my eyebrows at the end part which causes her to laugh once more.

"Oh thank God, I though you were getting soft and mushy on me Paul."

"Oh, I'll show you soft and mushy." I say before getting up and tackling her on to the bed which causes her to laugh even more as I poke her sides and tickle her.

"Paul what are you doing?!" She shouts through her laughter.

"Just loving you."

((Hey losters!! It's me finally!! So I will be trying my best to update atleast once a month now!! I have some interesting news too! I have come to the realisation that I'm transgender, I really hope that this doesn't affect your views of writing and stuff but please be respectful as I'm choosing to share this with you. The journey to this realisation has been a long and slightly painful one but I am finally happy with my identity. As well as that, I am finally receiving treatment for my mental health issues too! This should allow me more time and motivation to write for y'all! That aside, how was the chapter? Did you like it? Let me know my loves <3)