Chapter 9: Cry Little Sister

David's pov:

          I looked over the girl before me, a look of confusion on my face as she turns away, obviously crying. "It's just a jacket......you can get a new one...." I say and I already regret those words as she turns around to face me, clearly upset by my words. "With what?! All of my money was in the jacket! And the photo and the ring and....and.....it's all I have left......" My eyes widen as I see what's causing her the pain and anguish, it wasn't the actual jacket itself rather the things in the pockets and the sentimental value of it. "Please don't cry..." I say as gently as I possibly could, it still sounded gruff but it was a start. "I have a right to cry! Any evidence of anything that I ever loved was in that jacket.....and now it's gone." She pretty much sobs, her voice cracking on the last part. Every singe tear drop that rolled down her cheek sent a jolt of pain through me. I needed to find that damn jacket.

      I looked at the crying girly before me who had just poured her heart out to me before I get an idea, shrugging off my trench coat I then expose the leather jacket that I had on underneath before removing it and handing it to her. "I know that it's not THE jacket but you can have it until we find yours again." I say and she looks up at me, wiping her tears away with the back of her hand. "O-okay then....." She tentatively takes the jacket from my hands and then almost hesitantly slips it on. It somehow managed to make her look even smaller than she already was. "Better?" I ask with a somewhat of a smile before she nods her head gently.

"Hey, our guest here left something on the beach, black leather jacket that has a photo, a ring and some money in it, go find it." I say through the link I had between me and my brothers.
"What's going on?" Dwayne asks.
"She's REALLY upset over this jacket and I need someone to find it ASAP, whoever does I'm sure she will really appreciate it."
"I'll find it." The determined voice of Paul comes through before being followed by Marko.
"Not if I beat you to it first."
"No you won't."
"Yes I will."
"Won't."
"Will."
"Won't!"
"Wi-"
"Just Shut the fuck up and find the damn thing okay?" I pretty much snarl through our link.
"Oooooohhhhh someone's in a moooooodddd!" Paul laughs and I could tell that he was high as a kite.
"I'm not in a mood, I just don't like crying women." I drawl.
"She's crying?" The concerned voice of Dwayne rang in my head.
"Yes, she's crying and I don't like it." I say and before I know it Dwayne is in the room yet again.

        Dwayne's pov:

    I rushed in to the chamber as soon as David told me my- Katherine was crying, That's probably what I felt before when a sudden damper came on everyone's mood in the main cave. I looked down at Katherine who was pretty much draped in David's jacket, I was in shock. He LOVED that jacket and NEVER let ANYONE touch it let alone bloody WEAR it. Her eyes were red and puffy and I felt the urge to just pick her up and hug her tightly in my arms but I thought that would be a bit too much. "I'm going to find that jacket even if it kills me." I say bluntly before walking out leaving an extremely confused Katherine and a slightly annoyed David behind as I closed the door again.

       I didn't bother talking to Paul or Marko as I ruffled Laddies hair "Hey little man." I say with a soft smile "So, The girl staying in the room is a bit upset and we need to find a jacket.....wanna help?" I ask and his face lights up, causing me to grin. "He'll yeah!" He shouts before zooming out of the cave and getting in the back of my bike.

      Katherine's pov:

      I gently pulled the jacket on and sighed softly, it was really warm and a bit too big for me but it was comfortable and had a minty copper smell to it, I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was but it was strangely nice. I nodded my head as he asked me if I felt better before Dwayne came in, leaving shortly after. "Was he listening in?" I ask, confusion adorning my features as I did t understand how he would even know about my jacket. David shrugged his shoulder nonchalantly before speaking up "He's got really good hearing." And I nod my head in understanding. "So, Katherine......tell me how is it that you ended up in Santa Carla, the murder capital of the world?"