[60]

Hey! I purposely made the last 2 chapters extremely short so I figured I would update them both together. This next one I'm updating the day after, just so there's more content to read for you guys. Thanks so much! Also how do we feel about the new cover?

Elio's P.O.V

I hear voices. They're muffled and I cant make out who the voices belong too. I try to open my eyes but they're sealed shut, my eyelids still too heavy. I can't move but I can feel a huge pressure on my head, but I can't tell if it's painful.

-

Oliver's P.O.V

"Well, it doesn't look too good, but it doesn't look like we have no options either. He has a traumatic brain injury, or TBI. What this means, sir, is that he basically has a grade three concussion. It is early still, so it's hard to tell. He may slip in and out of consciousness, if he wakes up. We're going to order an MRI of his head to get a better look at what's going on."

"If he wakes up?" That's the only part of that conversation that I heard. My heart begins to race.

"Well, he is in comatose right now, he hit his head pretty hard. His vitals however look promising, and he shows signs of responsiveness. That's all I can tell you right now until I can get him an MRI." The doctor nods curtly and walks away, leaving me alone in the room with Elio.

To back track, the plane crash landed somewhere in the middle of nowhere off the coast. Everyone was okay, there were no casualties; just a few broken bones and minor injuries from my understanding. It took hours for rescue helicopters to come circle around. They picked us up and took us into New York on a helipad to a hospital I can't be bothered to remember the name of. They checked each passenger that was on the plane, and from the updates I've received no one is going to die. Hopefully.

Elio was unconscious from the moment we crash landed into the trees. I watched in horror, it happened too fast. When the plane landed he hit his head hard on the side of the plane. He started to bleed and I began to panic, it was like he cracked his skull open. I still don't know what exactly is wrong with my love but it kills me to see him this way. Words can't even begin to describe it. I tried to grab his shirt to yank him away from the wall, try to lessen the blow to his head. But I wasn't fast enough. He slumped down into the chair immediately and my lungs were on fire as I screamed.

The scene just replays in my head on a loop that I can't get rid of. I held him in my arms until the rescue team finally showed up. I tried everything to get him to wake up, the only thing I was relying on was his breathing. He was still breathing.

My adrenaline ran too high, I didn't realize the damage done to my body. I was okay for the most part, I have a gash on my head that required stitches and my face and body is all scratched up and I have a few burns, my arm was dislocated but luckily that was it. Something fixable.

I've been here with him for three days now. I demanded the same room as him and I didn't give up until I got what I wanted. I need him to be okay.

He looks so different, so unlike himself laying in that bed with tubes down his throat. His face is so swollen it's almost unrecognizable, and his hair, a matted nest of curls swept across his face. He looked so pale, so sickly I wasn't even sure how this could be the man I loved, he looked so different from the Elio that was always so bright and full of life and joy. His cheeks that normally held their lovely red tint now just pale and marked with purple bruises.

His chest rose slowly with each breath and I swear the longer I stare at him, I could see his face twitch.

He needs to wake up.