[11]

My alarm rang through my ears and I winced, rolling over to turn it off. Oliver groaned and grabbed my wrist, planting a soft kiss onto my hand.

"Good morning," he hummed, caressing my cheek. I smiled shortly and kissed the tip of his nose.

"Good morning." I responded, sitting up. I began to collect my things and I turned back to Oliver. I didn't want to have to ask, but I knew I needed to. "Are you going to come with me?" I whispered, running my fingers along the cloth of the blinds of the windows. I couldn't look. Things never seem to end happily, and looking into his eyes will just make his rejection worse. I decided to open the blinds and let the sun in as a way to avoid eye contact. The sun shone beautifully into the small room, highlighting the godlike features of Oliver's face.

"Elio, look at me." He was standing now, walking towards me. He gripped my chin and forced my eyes on his.

"I'm coming with you, I promise. I just need to find a way to tell my fiancée and my family- I can't just leave for Italy and never come back. The same way you can't stay here." He tried to reason, his voice soft, his hand refusing to move from my chin, not letting me look away as the tears began to pool in my eyes.

I'm so stupid, I should have known, I should have known better. Why did I do this to myself, why did I come here? My mind was racing and my eyes were tearing and I wasn't strong enough to escape his grasp.

"Why do you toy with me? You keep driving me in circles, Oliver I can't do this anymore! You say you love me and you leave, you say you love me and you're sorry you left and yet you're not coming with me." I cried. I slammed my forearm onto his chest and broke away. I angrily wiped my face and began to pull at my hair.

"Elio, please understand. I have a life here the way you have one in Crema."

"But we were supposed to have one together! And you threw that all away for some girl you're currently cheating on." I spit, quickly throwing my stuff into my bag. "I'm leaving. Goodbye, Oliver." I pushed past him and ran to the door. He slammed his hand into the door and pushed me roughly backwards. I stumbled but quickly regained my composure.

"You're not leaving. Not until you understand. I'm coming home with you, I am. But it just can't be today. Go home, and I promise you I will come find you. I'm not going to lose you again."

"Each time we've lost it's been your fault, Oliver. Figure your shit out before you continue to bring me down with you." I yelled, angry enough to actually push past and open the door.

The tears never stoped coming and I didn't stop walking despite his calling of my name. I wasn't going to torture myself anymore. I wanted to go home and I wasn't about to miss my flight.