Chapter Twelve

The text is blank, well, not blank but smeared in black ink that simply can't be erased. "You're still looking at that?" I jumped, not expecting her to be here. I held my heart as it pounded, I sighed. "Jesus, do you ever alert people?" I heard a snicker and my bed creaking, which meant she was on it. 

"Of course I am," I replied to her earlier comment, frustrated. "What year is it?" She asked. "What? Shouldn't you know the year?" I sat down the paper. "I do, but do you?" Her voice faded into rasp and a deep tone. I furrowed my eyebrows, not even attempting to reply. 

I looked behind me at my bed, not there, expected. 

I then looked back at my desk before it hit me. 

Technology. 

I woke my computer up and began typing out Camila along with my city. 

Loading, loading. 

Blank. 

My screen turned black, I pushed my chair back and let my head fall down below the desk, looking to see if everything was plugged in. 

It was. 

I shrugged and turned it on again, sometimes technology glitched, it was normal. 

It loaded up, I typed in my password, went to the google search bar and tried again. 

Only this time it said I had no internet connection. 

"Sorry, I must've turned it off." I clenched my fist. "Turn it back on." She laughed. "It's fun here, Y/n." Her voice which sounded sarcastic a few seconds ago turned sweet. She was messing with me. "I don't want to leave, do you want me to?" I bit my lip. 

"Are you a criminal?" I asked. "Far from it," I heard her feet drag across the room. I couldn't see her, but I felt her hand on my shoulder and going to touch my eyes so I closed them by instinct. She gently laid her hand over my eyes. My heart began to pound, it was hard to breathe. I didn't know why. 

"Calm down." She said lowly. She leaned over me, I could feel her breath against my neck. She was so cold. 

"I'm nothing you should worry about." She whispered, she was closer now, I could feel her lips on my skin, so close I had a feeling she was smiling. "I-I" I tried to speak but I couldn't. Something was wrong about this, this didn't feel real. 

I felt so uneasy, so panicky, like she wasn't...

"I can't believe you." 

"Why?"

"Because you aren't real." 

My voice cracked, it was small. I was terrified, and couldn't process my own words. 

She stopped leaning over me, her hands were still resting on me though. 

"If I'm not real, why am I here? Why can you feel me?" I shook my head. "You're an illusion." 

She moved slowly away, then grabbed the back of my chair and pulled me back. She walked over to me, I could sense she was in front of me now but I still didn't dare to look. She leaned in again, traced her fingers against my cheek down to my chin. "You can feel me, Y/n. That's not fake." 

"Hallucinations can work in a weird way." I froze when I felt her step over me to straddle me. I felt her sit down in my lap. "What about this?"

I swallowed. What was she doing? "No. It doesn't add up-" She cut me off, pressing her lips against mine. They were soft, like nothing I've ever felt before, I got filled with a feeling that didn't make sense. My mind was confused. 

I began shaking. Not knowing what to do I pulled back and opened my eyes, but looking downwards, not daring to look up at her face. Her hand that was once cupping my face shortly fell down afterwards. I felt tears begin to well in my eyes, I was so overwhelmed. 

"Why do you cry?" She asked, her voice traced with worry now. I blinked, not speaking for a few moments.

"Your lips are familiar."

"I told you I wasn't unreal."