Chapter One

I pressed the end of the pen to my lips in frustration.
If I could solve this, I might as well be able to cure cancer too.
Okay, maybe that's a little bit of an exaggeration but I was having a difficult time, it seemed as though my mind went completely blank at the sight of this problem.

"Do you need help?" I heard. "No." I mumbled, twirling the pen cap in my mouth a bit, staring down at the question but still not understanding it.

"You put the wrong number." My eyes trailed up the paper and onto the numbers, trying to find my mistake that this stranger just so happens to see.

"Oh..." I took my pen out of my mouth and began cleanly scribbling out the wrong numbers to replace with the new and right ones. "Thank-" I looked up to see no one making my words stop. "You..." I mumbled to myself.

I was so concentrated, I didnt even hear them leaving. Odd, I didn't hear them approach me either but I guess I just wasn't focused on my surroundings as much as I needed to be.

I brushed it off and continued my work.

-

"Can I have..." I looked up at the board filled with different names of coffee and snacks. "(your favorite drink)" He nodded and smiled, picking up a foam cup and grabbing a sharpie.
"Name?" He asked. "Y/n." I replied simply. "Great. I'll call out your order when it's ready." I sighed and walked over to one of the bulletin boards to try and find something to entertain me.

"Y/n?" I got pulled out of my thoughts by my name, I turned and thanked the guy with the name tag Jonathan

I made my way out of the coffee shop, 'Dream' which in my opinion, was an odd name for a place that sells coffee, but I heard that their coffee was great and it was a place barely anyone went to. Which was great, especially for me. I never liked big crowds.
But it probably sucked for people who worked there, they probably don't get tipped a lot and if they do I just hope they get tipped a lot.
Speaking of that, I forgot to tip him.

I shrugged it off and continued my way down the street. "Did you know that there was a girl who became missing here?" I heard the familiar voice say, but I couldn't make out who was speaking. "No I did not." I replied simply, trying to not let the comment make me feel creeped out. "Hmm did you get your answers right?" It clicked in my brain that this was the girl from earlier who magically disappeared while I was distracted. "Hopefully." I said right before I took a sip of my hot/cold drink.

"Is that your favorite?" She asked me. "Yeah." I was tempted to turn around, but something about not seeing her face made her more interesting. "Did you know that over half of the world is lactose intolerant?" I shook my head. "I did not. Why are you telling me these weird facts?" I asked her. "Did you know that there is a website that lets you see who dies in the world, at the exact time they are announced dead. It's weird to see all of those red dots appear every second." I stopped walking. "Why would I know that?" I asked her. "Because it's an interesting ice breaker."
I narrowed my eyebrows at her statement but shrugged it off and began walking again. "Did you know that-" "No." I said plainly knowing that whatever she was going to say wasn't something I knew. "That you're the only one walking these streets, it's dangerous you know. Like that girl who is missing, no one knows what happened or where she is, did you know she got kidnapped?" I stopped again. "Wait how would you even know-" I turned around to see she had already disappeared making me even more confused, and creeped out.

I cautiously turned my head away and began walking down the street once more, feeling overly creeped out by what just happened.
I'm sure that whoever she was, she was just messing with me. Trying to freak me out, it happened a few times before, actually.

A girl, named Dinah Jane, used to text me creepy things at night, to freak me out. She was an odd one.

This girl, was probably one of her minions, who wastrying to freak me out.

I relaxed a bit and continued to walk home, trying to get that girl off of my mind.
But only failing, as she was all I could think about.

Who was she?