Chapter Seven

Trigger warning:Sexual harassment

"Your body language is telling me that something is bothering you."

"Yeah its you," I said, running my fingers through my hair. "Me? Why me? Did I do something? I'm sorry." I let out a breath. "I just want to know what you are." I stated. "Don't you mean 'who'?" I shrugged. "I don't even know anymore." I stood up and stretched my arms out. "Anyway, I have to go." 

I picked up a jacket that was laid across a chair in my room. "Where to?" She asked curiously. "A party. My friend's birthday party." It sounded like she began to move. "Well, can I come?" I chuckled. "It'd probably be best if you wanted your identity to be a secret, if you stayed here, don't you think?" She was silent and ended up not responding completely so I took that as a chance to just leave.

-

It was a little later into the night, I got to the party and I was ready to leave. Parties aren't really my scene, maybe I'd go to one a few years ago but now? No. 

I've already been offered a few substances used to blur your memory and feelings and I respectively declined until now. 

"Happy birthday Normani." I said, smiling. She put her arms out and I walked into her embrace. Her and Dinah were friends but I didn't mind Normani, she was really cool and didn't like to bully me so, I decided to get to know her more.

"Thank you for coming," She said. She smiled at me when we let go, we had a simple talk and I ended up bringing up the mystery girl. "Have you met a girl who doesn't really like saying anything about herself and stalks you?" Her eyebrows burrowed and she looked at me weirdly. "What do you mean?" I shrugged. 

"For the past little while this girl has been following me, saying the weirdest things and I don't know anything about her, I just assumed maybe someone else would know. I also thought it was one of Dinah's pranks so I was wondering if you knew." She chuckled and shook her head. "Y/n it sounds like either Dinah is really smart and this girl is really good at acting or you have some things to deal with." I looked at her confused. 

"Ghosts, Y/n, she sounds like a lost spirit." I scoffed. "Yeah right, ghosts don't exist." She shrugged. "There have been many reports of spirits, do you really believe all of them are insane? Souls can be stuck on this earth because they're lost or have something they have to deal with." 

I shook my head. "Ghosts are just people's minds playing tricks on them, and even if she was a ghost, why me? And ghosts also never talk to people so much..." Normani put her hand on my shoulder. "I hope you can figure it out, but for now, just enjoy the party. I have to go make sure Dinah doesn't throw up on someone again so," I smiled. "Thanks, have a good day."

With that we went different ways, and someone approached me. A man, he was tall and had dark brown hair and eyes. 

He had a cup in his hands, "Drink this," He said. I shook my head. "No thanks." I tried to get passed him but he gripped my wrist harshly. "Come on, it'll make you feel better." I smiled politely at him and twisted my hand out of his. I managed to get passed him and into the bathroom, but before I could close the door he appeared. 

He opened the door then shut it, locking it while turned to me. My heart began to race with panic and my eyes widened. I looked around, there was a bottle of beer on the ground next to me, likely for a stupid party. I could grab it and I could-

"Hey there," He said, walking closer to me. I froze, I didn't know what to do. I couldn't yell, I couldn't grab it, I couldn't do anything. I just stood there while he gripped onto me. "You'll be good, right?" I struggled against him but he just hushed me. "It's okay." 

He kissed me, I tried to pull back but he wouldn't stop, he kissed down to my neck and before I could scream he stopped. Which I was thankful for, but the way he stopped, it was almost like he froze too. 

"You're fucking insane." He let go of me and backed away, his eyes were trained on something behind me, close though. His eyes were wide with fear and he began to shake, his face flushed white almost like he had seen something traumatizing. 

"No way, I'm out of here," He hurriedly left the room leaving me trembling and confused. 

Then I heard it, "You're welcome." I blinked. "It's you... What did you do?" I asked, my voice cracking. I was in shock. 

I felt her put her hands on me and I felt myself freeze again then flinch. "It's okay, I won't hurt you." 

The way her hands felt was so weird, it felt like a electric feeling, not in the romantic way but almost like she was not human, like she was drifting in and out of the world. But it was so comforting...

"I need you to just breathe, okay?" I listened to her orders and took deep breaths. "What are you?" I asked once I've calmed down a bit. 

"I can't tell you-" I cut her off. "Stop with that bullshit, tell me, I don't get it." She sighed. 

"Y/n, I..." I waited. "It's not the right time." I nodded. 

"Okay."