Chapter Two

"Whats your name?" I asked, taking a bite of my sandwich.

"It's better if you didn't know." When I was done chewing, I took a drink of water. "Why?" I put my water down on the metal table I was sitting on, she was sitting behind me.

"Just, because. Plus, mysteries make everything so much more enjoyable."

"Can I at least know why you're talking to me?" She paused for a bit, five beats of silence before she spoke up. "I need friends." I pondered her statement, could that be why? Why did she have to think about her answer?

"Who said we were friends?" I looked out into the open, watching a bird in the trees. "Nobody. I never said we were, but I'd like to be... If that's okay." A smile curved my lips, as I kept my eyes on the bird in a tree. "Alright miss mystery." She sighed blissfully.

"Never say that again." I chuckled. "Sorry, I'll keep my bad jokes to myself." I heard her moving from behind me, she stood up. "Yes."

"Yes?"

"Yes, keep your jokes to yourself. They aren't that funny." I pouted and looked down. "That was rude." I mumbled to myself, jokingly of course.
Well, to her, it wasn't a joke.

"I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to- I'm sorry. It's funny, I was just joking-" I rolled my eyes and shook my head with a smile plastered on my lips.
"I was too." She paused again. "Oh." She cleared her throat. "Of course. I knew that." "Mhmm sure." My eyes went back to the bird in the tree right when it flew over.

"I-I did!"
"No."

She groaned in frustration. "Stop." I heard more movement. "No." I said. "Please?"

"No."
"Why not?"
"No."
"Why?"
"No."
"Please stop making fun of me."
"Hmm... No."
"Is all you're going to say is, no?"
"No."

She groaned again and whined in annoyance. "Stop." I laughed. "No." She came closer to me. "Fine." I stood up and brushed myself off. "Okay, lets stop talking about you being more oblivious than Lauren Jauregui in every situation-"
"What?" She asked, confusion lacing her voice. "Nothing, anyway. What can I address you by?" She hummed in thought, it took a few moments before she spoke up.

"I don't know. Maybe, uh... Dear?" I laughed. "Deer? Like the animal?" I asked. "Huh? No. Like, dear. I mean, yes, deers are really cute but no. I'm not an animal." She replied.

"You could be an animal for all I know." I began gathering my things. "No. I am not. Okay, not deer or dear, what about..." I put my stuff in my bag and put it around my shoulder, I grabbed my food and started walking towards the garbage can. "Jane doe?" I put my stuff in the garbage and shook my head as she followed me.

"No, no. That's not right, I want a nickname, not a nameless name."
I walked down to the sidewalk and followed the path next to the empty road. "Why don't you just tell me you're name?" I asked. "Because, I don't trust you yet." My eyebrows creased in confusion. "But you know my name..." I trailed off. "I do. But you can't know mine, not yet at least."
I stopped walking, making her footsteps stop as well. A car turned onto the street I was on and began driving by, "Why?" Right then, the car had came right past me. I heard nothing, so I began walking, only to not hear her footsteps following me.
"Hmm?" I asked, waiting for an answer.

I was confused, so I stopped again and looked behind me, only to see she had disappeared again.

Fuck, where did she go?