Chapter Four

"Hey Y/l/n," Dinah said smugly as I walked past her. I looked up at her but didn't answer and continued on my way.

Her face contorted and she stood up taller and gripped my shoulder and spun me around. "You gonna talk to me?" I smiled. "Sorry, is there a problem?" I asked, with a sweet and awfully fake smile. "Don't ignore me." I shook my head and chuckled. "Do you want anything?" Her frown turned up. "I wanted to see how you were." 

Of course, Dinah had sent that really creepy chick to stalk me and she hasn't been around me today, she was just dying to know if my life was any more hell than it already is. I cleared my throat. "Ask your little minion, Dinah." Her eyebrows creased. "Who?" I scoffed. "Don't play dumb, that girl? I know it was you who put her up to do this spooky shit to freak me out." 

"I-I... What are you talking about?" I rolled my eyes. "Whatever, Dinah. I know what you're doing and it's not working. Goodbye," I shrugged her shoulder off and walked away, shaking my head. Then I stopped and my face fell.

"Wait," ...What if this girl really does have nothing to do with Dinah?

-

"Hello." I lifted my head and waited, not turning my head in case it was that girl.

"Hi?" I heard her sit behind me. I knew it was her. "How are you today?" I shrugged, closing my book and setting it by me. I interlaced my fingers with each other. "What are you doing?" She asks me, I shrug again, not knowing what to say. 

"Why don't you know?" I sighed. "I'm just, thinking I guess." She stays silent for a few moments before slowly speaking again. "I thought, you were reading a book?" I licked my lips and looked down at the book beside me. "I wasn't, I wasn't processing the words fully." 

"Am I ever going to know your name? Or see your face?" I asked. "I never said you couldn't see my face." My eyebrows knitted together. "What do you mean? Every time I try to look at you, you magically disappear." She let out a small and blissful laugh. "Yes, I know. I never said you could look at me either. I... Well, you just can't see me yet. You understand, yes?" 

I looked down at my hands. "No, I don't." She hummed. "Well, I just don't trust you yet. Please, don't be mad." 

"I'm not, just a bit confused," I said, squinting my eyes as I looked up at the sky. It was going to storm soon, I knew it would. "I understand."

I sighed and stood up since it was going to storm, I might as well walk home. I grabbed my bag and stuffed my book inside of it. "Why do you always come here?" She asked me. "Because, it's kinda like my safe place, people can't bother me here. No one really comes here anymore." 

It was a park, it was a place people came a lot, but not everyone does. Unless they were having a party or something. Which, didn't happen often. 

I began walking, slinging my bag over my shoulder. Her feet followed behind me, both of our footsteps made sound as we walked against the gravel. 

Soon I got the sidewalk and our feet made less noise. "Why do you isolate yourself?" She asked. "Why do you? Don't you have some other friends to mingle with other than me?" I asked, my tone getting a little harsh without reason. Again, like always, she took a few moments to answer. "No one's like you, though." I didn't stop walking, but I let my eyes wander downwards to my feet. 

"Did you go looking?" She chuckled. "Of course not. You are unique like everyone is. In some way, at least. There are billions of people on this world and you are different than all of them in some way or another. There is no other you, Y/n. And I like you, and I like spending time with you, not anyone else." She stated. "That was... Sweet. But at the same time, really sappy." 

She laughed. "Yeah, I know." A light raindrop landed on my face causing me to flinch slightly, I looked back at the dark gray sky then looked down again. "That didn't answer my question. Why me, though? There are so many great people out there and I'm just me. Don't you have other friends?" I asked.

"I don't know. Why not?"

"Good point."

I looked up at the sky, again. "It's raining." She said all in one breath, a tone of panic and shakiness filled her words. "Yeah?" I could hear her breathing, she swallowed hard. "I hate storms, so much." I looked back down as rain began hitting more frequently.

"We'll get to my house soon-"
"Hurry, please."

"It's just over there-" I pointed to the direction of my house. "Please." She interrupted again.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Okay..."

A/n:it's not good but oh whale