Chapter Eight

"Why did you help me?" I asked, staring up at my ceiling, knowing very well that even though she hasn't spoken since yesterday that she was still following me. 

I could hear her take a deep breath. "He did the same thing to me." She paused. "But, I didn't have help." She said slowly. I felt my heart stop, I held my breath, not knowing how to respond. "I uh, I'm sorry about that." My voice suddenly sounded quieter than before, not wanting to upset her. And not knowing exactly what to say. "The past is the past, I got my revenge anyway." She stated. I bit my lip and sat up in my bed. "Why were you hiding in the bathroom?" I asked, shifting the topic and avoiding an uneasy tension from the heaviness of it. 

"I have my ways of knowing when and where things are going to happen." I nodded. "Yeah, I'm not surprised. But again, why do you follow me around, don't you have other things to do? Or other people to watch over?" She chuckled lightly, it almost sounded fake but it was unclear. Everything seemed unclear with her. 

"I wouldn't know how to put in words exactly why I'm here or why I'm drawn to you. You obviously have importance in all of this or I wouldn't be here." I tried to process what she had said but nothing really added up. "I'm not very important." I said softly, mostly to myself, knowing she'd most likely deny it. And she did. "Well, that's obviously untrue." I shook my head and swung my legs over the bed side before pushing myself off of the mattress beneath me. 

"Can I at least know your name?" She hummed, she contemplated my answer before giving me an answer. "Camila." She said. 

"Camilla?"

"No, Camila." She repeated, emphasizing the right way to pronounce it. Something about that name seemed familiar to me, like I was missing something but no matter how much I thought about it, nothing really connected. "Is that really your name?" I asked, repeating the name in my head. "It's not, but it's something." I felt glad she actually told me something but it still frustrated me that she wasn't explaining anything about herself.

I wanted to know who she was and why she was here. But I didn't think I'd ever really know. 

"Are you real?" I knew the answer to this question but I still had that lingering curiosity about it. I didn't know if any of this was real or just some messed up figment of my imagination. 

I didn't really expect her answer but at the same time, I did. 

"As far as I know, yes."