Clan

Raphael was growing worried about Simon. Of course, he almost constantly found himself concerned about the fledgling for one reason or another, the way that he had recently been isolating himself was particularly alarming.

He had a tendency to stay in his room for long periods of time, to the point where Raphael would practically have to drag him out to get him to train or even simply to eat something.

At first, Raphael tried to be patient, understanding that the other was still essentially grieving the loss of his old life. However, as this went on, it got to a level where Raphael feared that it was unhealthy.

The clan leader found himself outside of Simon's room, about to knock on the door. Instead, he paused, listening to the sound of Simon quietly strumming his guitar and singing to himself.

After a while, he decided that he needed to stop stalling and he knocked on the door finally. He could hear Simon jump in alarm, making a note to himself that he needed a lot more training.

Simon put his guitar to the side, making his way to the door with some hesitation.

When he opened the door, he saw Raphael.

"Hey, Raph," Simon said with a hint of confusion. He could've sworn it wasn't time for him to train and he'd been in his room so he knew that he couldn't've possibly done anything to make the clan leader angry with him. "What's going on?"

Raphael looked down before looking up at Simon again.

"I️ wanted to check on you," Raphael said.

Simon raised his eyebrows in confusion before shaking his head.

"Well, I'm good," Simon lied.

Raphael rolled his eyes.

"Considering how much you lie to me I️'d think you'd be better at it by now," he retorted.

Simon clenched his jaw.

"Well what do you want me to say? That I️ hate being a vampire? Because that's true, but there's nothing I️ can do about it so I️ am just trying to hold it together," Simon admitted.

Raphael pinched the bridge of his nose, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, remaining himself that he had to be patient with the young one.

"I know, but you act like you're the only one who has ever gone through this, like you have to do it alone," Raphael explained.

Simon shrugged.

"No one from my old life gets what this is like, and no one in the clan likes me, so I️ kind of am alone," he said.

Raphael sighed and shook his head.

"Simon, about the clan...that's not true. What makes you even think that?" Raphael asked.

Simon paused for a moment. Looking back, he realized that he didn't have any particular reason to believe that anyone in the clan had anything against him.

He then shrugged, realizing that he really had no ground to stand on.

"I don't know. I️ guess I️ just assumed. I️ mean, I'm basically the worst vampire ever," Simon said.

At that, Raphael chuckled.

"Aye, that is true, but no one holds that against you. Trust me," he replied.

Simon nodded.

"So, can you try to make an effort instead of isolating yourself?" Raphael added.

Simon clenched his jaw before sighing.

"Yeah, I️ guess I️ can try," he said.

Raphael touched his arm.

"Good," he said. "Now come on, you've been up here too long."

Simon blinked and took a step back.

"Wait, like right now?" Simon asked.

Raphael nodded.

"Yes, now. Come on," he said.

And with that, Raphael took Simon by the arm and dragged him out of his room. Simon didn't protest, happy to have Raphael around to give him that extra push when he needed it.