Blue (Analogical)

au where you are born with a blue mark on your body where your soulmate will touch you for the first time (once they touch it, it turns different colours for the rest of your life)

 -

Virgil played with his thumbs, nervous of his new neighbour. Roman pat him on the shoulder, "It'll be alright, okay? I'm sure he's not gonna judge you." Virgil leaned into Roman, still playing with his thumbs. Roman scruffed his hair, the tips of his fingers changing colours. "What if he doesn't want to know me because of... well... you know." Virgil muttered, rubbing his hand over his lips. "Maybe he thinks it's just makeup! Blue lipstick is... common." Roman tried to comfort him. Virgil just sighed. The doorbell rang and Virgil got up, still nervous. Virgil, upon learning that he had a new neighbour, wanted to do nothing. But Roman, Virgil's roommate, insisted he invited him to dinner. Virgil had only Roman, and Roman's boyfriend Patton. Virgil didn't really get out much. Not a lot of people liked him. So he had left an invitation in this "Logan"'s mailbox. Logan had replied with a note in Virgil's own mailbox, and so it was decided. 

Virgil opened the door, and immediately gasped slightly. Sure, Logan was attractive, but that was not the focus of his attention. Logan had noticed it too. They both had bright blue lips. Virgil smiled softly at him, and welcomed him inside. Logan nodded and stepped inside. Roman potrayed a look of excitement at Virgil, who told him to shut up. They all made their way to the makeshift dining room of Virgil's small apartment. Virgil went for the kitchen to retrieve the dinner, whilst Roman and Logan partook in small talk. "So where did you move here from?" Roman asked, Logan clearing his throat to answer. "Pittsburg, but I've always found the idea of living in New York admirable and therefore, here I am." Logan spoke with a tone deeper than that of Roman's and Virgil's. He also spoke with an inclination of sophistication. It made Virgil feel obsolete, but yet he walked back to the dinner table nonetheless. Virgil simply handed out food and looked over occasionally, speechless, at Logan. His smile was so charming, and Virgil felt inferior in every way. Virgil had to wonder if Logan was his soulmate, or if they happened to be two people with the same mark. It was possible, although unlikely. Roman could tell Virgil was already daydreaming about Logan, and he held back a snicker.

They finished dinner and Logan told them he had work early, making sure to give them his number before leaving. After the door shut, Roman looked at Virgil with googly eyes. "It's totally meant to be." He said, skipping around the room. "You don't know that, it could be a coincidence." Virgil replied, ever the pessimist. Roman rolled his eyes. "I bet by the end of the week you're going to be having all sorts of fun." Roman teased. Virgil shook his head, "Just because you happened to have known your soulmate since kindergarten doesn't mean the first person I meet is going to be my soulmate." he sighed. "It's not like you don't think he's hot." Roman said, laughing as Virgil told him to shut up.

Virgil and Logan became good friends, one could even say best friends. They hung out constantly, but would never touch each other, afraid that they might only be best friends, rather than soulmates. Roman continued to tease Virgil about Logan, and as much as Virgil hated it, he was starting to fall in love with Logan. 

It was Roman's birthday, and while everyone was partying downstairs, Virgil was sitting on the balcony, along with all the people smoking. Virgil hated the smoke, but it was only place it was quiet. Virgil knew nobody except for Patton, Logan and Roman. Logan had turned out to be the partygoer, and was dancing around, inside. Patton and Roman were drunk, and couldn't stay off of each other, and Virgil did not want to be around that. And so it came to be that Virgil sat in the corner of the balcony, away from everyone else, on his phone. The sliding door opened and naturally, Virgil turned his head. It was Logan, who seemed completely sober. He sat down in the chair across from Virgil. "I figured you'd be out here." Logan said, a tiny smirk on his face. "How are you not drunk? I thought you'd drank a shit ton." Virgil questioned, turning off his phone. "Nope. I don't drink, but I can... have fun without alcohol." Logan hesitated, making Virgil cautious. He nodded at Logan and leaned back in the chair. 

"So, quick query, hold on, come with me first." Logan said, urging Virgil to stand up and go inside. Virgil followed him, curious. They squeezed through the many people, making their way to the entrance of the apartment. "Sorry, it was just cold out there and, yeah," Logan started, pushing his glasses up his nose. Virgil stared into Logan's eyes gently, if that was possible. "But uh, can I kiss you?" Virgil was taken aback by Logan's question. It took him a moment to come to the reality of what he had said. "Yeah." He said quickly, and both of them moved in closer. It was gentle and light-hearted with soft intentions. Virgil couldn't believe it, he was kissing Logan. His heartbeat increased in speed, and he swore he heard Roman say "Finally" from across the room. But that didn't matter, nothing mattered except that he was kissing Logan. When they broke apart, they smiled and giggled. Both of their lips were now glowing in different colours. "Thank god, I was afraid I was falling in love with someone who wasn't my soulmate." Logan sighed in relief, and Virgil leaned his head on Logan's chest.

a/n: me updating after 1000 years?? don't expect it again lmao

yeah uh here you go 

i haven't edited this sorry if it's shit