All Nighter (Prinxiety)

"Do you want to play Monopoly?" Virgil said out of nowhere, looking up at the time. "Virg, it's eleven at night. Are you alright?" Roman replied, looking at Virgil with concern. "Yeah! Come on! Pleeeeeease?" Virgil pleaded, pulling puppy eyes at Roman. Roman rolled his eyes. "Fine." Roman said, letting out a huge sigh. Virgil smiled excitedly and ran off to find the board. 

They set up the game, but about thirty minutes into the game (it was a long game) Virgil lost interest. He yawned. "Roman, what's your favourite colour?" He asked, tilting his head so he looked like a lost dog. Roman laughed a little, "Red, come on Virgil, everyone knows that." he replied, holding in a chuckle. Virgil rolled his eyes. "Who's your favourite sander side?" Virgil asked, giggling. Roman pursed his lips for a moment before smirking. "Myself." He responded, watching Virgil groan in exasperation.

Midnight Virgil seemed to be the same as what Roman imagined High Virgil™️ would be like, giggly and ready to collapse at any moment. He kept asking questions, most of them silly. Roman got up to go get a glass of milk and Virgil started whining, resulting in Roman covering Virgil's mouth with his hand as to not wake the others. Virgil then licked his hand, making Roman pull it away in disgust, making a face. Then Roman proceeded to wash his hands for three minutes. All in all, they had both forgotten about the game of monopoly. Virgil suddenly looked up at Roman, and asked a question that normal Virgil tried hard not to think about. 

"Do you love anyone?" He asked, immediately looking down as soon as he made eye contact with Roman. Roman let out a soft sigh. He shuffled his feet underneath the table. When he finally answered, he made sure to meet Virgil's eyes. "Yeah." Roman said, feeling tingles fly up the side of his arm. "What about you?" He asked, rubbing at one of his eyes. Virgil responded with a quiet but definite, "Yeah" as he buried his head into his arms. A silence sat between them for a while. It wasn't awkward but it wasn't peaceful. Roman then broke the silence. "What're they like?" He asked, aware he most likely wouldn't get an answer. He expected Virgil to stay still and not reply, so he was surprised when Virgil lifted his head.

"Oh man, they're so perfect. The way their hair falls in front of their forehead, the way they giggle, the way they crinkle their nose when they smile, the way their voice changes when they try to be manly. The way they complain whenever they lose videogames, the fact that even though they're annoyed, I still see a hint of a smile tugging at the corner of their lips. The way they turn red and look down and get all flustered. They're... they're goddamn beautiful." Virgil let out, sighing loudly. Virgil placed his head back on the table. Roman was confused. Virgil never talked like that. He never talked that passionately about anything. Roman had never heard Virgil so passionate, yet so disappointing. It was if he thought that the person he loved, loved someone else. Roman looked at Virgil and sighed. Virgil couldn't have been describing him. That meant Virgil didn't share Roman's feelings. Roman had feelings for the younger, he didn't know where they came from, except that they were there. 

"Who's the love of your life Roman? Wait, let me guess, yourself." Virgil joked, snickering at his own joke. Roman looked away, but a smile formed on his face. "No, this guy, he's hurting, but he can't tell anyone about it. He thinks he's so sly, pulling his sleeves down every few seconds, but I see him. I see him when he breaks his sardonic character for just a moment when he doesn't get invited to things. When a flicker of what he's feeling inside cracks through the... the facade he's playing. When he cries in his room for a few hours. When I notice these things, I cry too. Not because I feel sorry for him, but because I don't know how to help him. And it doesn't help that he only sees me as a friend." Roman rambled on, not noticing Virgil slowly look up. Roman seemed to be describing Virgil. Virgil held back tears that had no reason. Instead, he ran a hand through his hair. 

"I'm sorry, I should've shut up, sorry." Roman said looking everywhere except Virgil. He was trying his hardest to avoid eyecontact. Roman knew that if he made eyecontact with Virgil, he would be able to see right through him. "No it's, it's okay. I do have a question for you." Virgil said. Roman replied with nothing, so Virgil continued. "Do you love me?" He asked quietly,  fumbling with his fingers. Roman said nothing, and remained staring at the table. "roman?" He asked again, even quieter. The silence was so strong you could hear light rain falling on the roof outside. Roman mumbled something, Virgil couldn't make it out, but he could guess. He raised an eyebrow anyways. Roman looked on the verge of tears, as he looked up. "Yeah... I do." He laughed awkwardly as if it was comical. 

Roman couldn't hold it in anymore, and started crying. But not the sobbing kind, where you lose heaps of breath, it was more silent. It was the silent kind, the kind that hurt the most, because if there wasn't anybody in the same room as you, they wouldn't be able to tell you were crying. They wouldn't know. Virgil took a deep breath. "Look at us, two people in love with each other, crying at one thirty in the morning on a Monday." He said, moving to Roman's side of the table to comfort him. Roman sniffled before understanding what Virgil had said. "You... You love me?" 

Virgil smiled very softly. "Yeah." There was a silence after that, but it was different from their other silence. This one was peaceful, comfortable, and it was one you could only have with someone you knew well. Without realizing it, Roman slipped his fingers into Virgil's, but neither of the boys complained. Virgil was grateful for this moment, Roman leaned his head against Roman's shoulder, and soon the both of them fell asleep.

Until Patton saw them, hand in hand, lying on each other, in the morning.

-

a/n: i'm not sure whether i will post any more oneshots after this one, so i'd like to thank you guys for all the comments and votes and feedback and just thank you!!!!

i love you all and happy new year (a bit early i know) and have a good new year!!!