New Best Friend (Prinxiety)

a/n: more au's wAHOOO

Virgil needed to relax. Relax from everything that was happening in his life, and there was a lot. What could he do? Going to a club would require dancing and stuff, not his style. Going bowling or swimming would need friends, and he didn't have any at the current moment. So he could cross that off the list. Maybe just going to the bar. Yeah, he'd just go to the bar. Hopefully he wouldn't start a conversation with the bartender about his past ex's like last time. Maybe he wouldn't drink as much. That sounded like a good idea. He got his phone and his house keys. He called a cab and hopped in. He told the taxi driver to take him to the closest bar. The taxi driver nodded and started to drive. Virgil tipped the guy and walked into the bar. It looked a bit intimidating, but Virgil was so done with life, he really couldn't care less. Faces turned to look at him as he walked in. He was wearing his hoodie pulled up over his face. He kind of looked like a druggie, but that was normal to Virgil. Virgil sat down at the counter. He took off his hood and fixed his hair.

"Whaddya want?" The bartender asked, polishing the counter. Virgil rubbed his eyes. He looked around. "Something strong." He decided. There went his idea about not drinking as much. The bartender, who was named Daniel, brought out a thing of whiskey and poured a whole glass. He pushed it towards Virgil. "Perfect." Virgil said. He took one sip and coughed. Boy, it was definitely strong. The man sitting beside him smiled. "Too strong eh boy?" The man said, slurring. This man was definitely drunk, maybe even high. This is exactly not what Virgil wanted. Virgil laughed awkwardly, stared the man in the face, grabbed the glass and downed the whole thing in one go. The man was in awe.

Roman had just wanted a drink. A stiff drink. He was just bored, if he really thought about it. He was pretty pissed at some particular people. Maybe that was it. No matter what the cause, he was sitting at his table drinking a beer. To anyone else, it seemed so unlike him, but Roman actually came here a lot. He noticed the customers, everyone seemed to be a regular. Wait. Who was that guy with the hoodie? He wasn't a regular.

Virgil put down the glass and sputtered a bit before regaining himself and asking for another. He looked away from the other man, sitting there, gaping. He continued to sip the drink. He thought about all the things that had been going on in his life. He had recently gotten into a big fight with his one and only friend. He didn't socialize much. He felt bad, he wanted to apologize to his friend, but the reason they got into a fight was his friend accused Virgil of something he didn't do. So he wanted to apologize, but he didn't do what his friend thought he did. It was confusing. At the same time, he had recently broke up with his girlfriend of 1 year after questioning his sexuality. Now, he was pretty sure he was gay. Maybe bi. Probably gay.

Virgil rubbed his eyes again, boy he was tired. Maybe he should've just stayed home. Oh well. Too late now. He looked around and saw a woman walking his way. Oh no. "Hey there" She said, smirking. Virgil sighed. "Hi" He mumbled. "Are you having fun here?" She asked, batting her eyelashes. Shit. This was not what he needed. "No, I guess."

Roman finished his drink and looked back at the guy with the hoodie. He saw a woman talking to him. He looked very uncomfortable. VERY uncomfortable. Roman watched as this woman invited him to her home but he refused, excuse after excuse. Roman wanted to help the poor guy, but he didn't know him. Wait.

"Are you sure? We can have a little fun at my place." She winked. Virgil put his head in his arms. Oh lord. Suddenly he felt a tap on his back. He turned around to see a man who he had never met, but was very attractive. "Hey best friend! We should be getting home soon shouldn't we?" The man said. Was he talking to Virgil? Virgil looked confused until he whispered, "go along with it, I'm roman by the way". Virgil nodded. "Yup, gotta go, thanks for reminding me Roman." Virgil said. He downed his last glass, paid the bartender and left.

The two of them sat outside. "Thanks" Said Virgil. Roman chucked. "You looked really uncomfortable and tired." Roman said. Virgil yawned and then nodded. "I'm Virgil, by the way, but I kinda go by Virg or Anxiety. It's weird I know-" Virgil started, but Roman cut him off. "Okay. Anxiety is a cool name. I'll call you Anxiety." Roman smiled, "Well, Anxiety, you should be getting home. I can call you a cab." said Roman. Virgil pulled out his phone, "I'll be okay, thanks though. You're really nice." Virgil told Roman. Roman blushed. "Thanks. Hey, what's your phone number? We should keep in touch."

Virgil gave Roman his phone number and they said their goodbyes. Virgil got into the cab. He was so tired, he actually fell asleep in the back of the cab on the way home.