11; Zombies and Lies

Barry, Iris and I went on our annual family movie date, it was Barry's turn to choose so of course he chose a Zombie Movie. We were walking out of the theatre. "Regular movie scale, that was a seven or an eight."

"I beg to differ, that movie was torrible."

"Torrible?"

"Terrible and Horrible."

"That's just because you don't like Zombies Theo. Anyways Zombie movie scale, it was, like, a four tops."

"There's a zombie movie scale?"

"Yeah, there's a movie scale for everything sis." I smiled stuffing some popcorn into my mouth, Iris didn't finish her popcorn so she just gave the rest to me to have.

"Did you know that zombies exist in nature? There's this species of fungi, that infects ants causing the ants to attack plants that can release spores. Which in turn infect new hosts-" Barry just stops himself as we both stare at him, he looks at the both of us before realizing. "I'm going full nerd again, aren't I?"

"Yep."

"Totally."

"It's okay though. You are still the cutest nerd I know." I keep eating my popcorn as they talk. "Anyways, I am a lot more interested in the amazing as of late."

"Because of the streak thing?"

"They're out there. People are talking about them."

"Yeah, sure Iris. As if, what if it's just one person?" I spoke mouth filled with popcorn. Barry looked over to me as I shrugged my shoulders.

"It's two people, okay? You both know I'm really intuitive about this kind of stuff. Someone even posted a picture after being yanked from a car accident. There's a red and black blur leaving the scene. Here. What do you see?" Iris holds up her phone facing it towards us, but before we could see the picture a Face shows up on her phone. Eddie her boyfriend was calling, I looked up at Barry and I felt bad for him.

"I see your boyfriend is calling." Iris turns the phone to look at it.

"Oh. I should probably get this. I'm crashing at his place. He's supposed to leave a key for me." She then picks up the phone and answers as I turn to look at Barry. I watch as he begins to sadly frown, I raise my hand and rub his arm in support cause I knew how he truly felt. Barry then reaches down for his phone and answers it.

"Hello." He sighs. "Public Indecency? Dog leash violation?"

"What the hell?" I mutter listening to Barry's side of the conversation. Barry then turns to look at Iris then me.

"Quick, let's go." I nod as we both speed off we didn't have time to grab our suits so we made sure to not stop. I watch as a man inside the truck is shooting at some officers. "You get the truck, while I get the driver." I nod as we quickly executed our plan, Barry took the driver out and placed him in the back of the cop car, while I went inside the truck and stopped it from crashing into parked cars. We then run back to Iris, to make sure she didn't think we disappeared on her. Barry stops right in front of the theatre I hadn't paid attention to him and bumped into him.

"Sorry bout that." I smile rubbing the back of my neck. Iris gets off the phone and turns to look at the both of us.

"Eddie says hi."

"Nice of him. Wanna grab a bite? Me and Theebs are a little famished." He spoke looking back at me.

"After the Mongolian barbecue we had before the movie and the extra large popcorn you both had at the movie? How are you two not fat?"

"I've been jogging." Barry simply replies.

"Yeah, since I don't have school. I like to use my extra time exercising to stay healthy and fit." I lie through my teeth.

"Oh, okay."

"So Barry where are we going?" I ask, Barry looks over to me and squints his eyes. "Why are you looking at me like that? You brought up the idea!" Before he could argue back Iris spoke.

"She does have a point. Also Theo want me to pay for you, It'll be my treat." She sweetly smiles.

"Oh my gosh thank you so much big sis!" I smiled before I hug her and walk beside her instead of Barry. I stick my tongue out at Barry as he does the same, Iris just laughs.

"You guys are so immature." She laughs as we continue to stick our tongues out at each-other. "Hey, Theo?"

"Yeah?"

"Want me to drive you home? It wouldn't be too far of a drive for me."

"No no no, it's all good. Go have Fun with Eddie!" Iris blushes as she looks away. "I- I mean I know how to get back home it's no big deal. I'll tell Dad that you're staying over at a Co-Workers if he asks." Iris smiles.

"Awe love ya lil sis." She smiles.

"You remind me exactly of how I was when I was younger." Barry laughed.

"How?" I asked.

"Barry used to lie to Dad for me whenever I snuck out or about where I was staying and-"

"I'd always tell her I felt bad doing it, but whatever." He chuckled as Iris looked at him and scoffed.

"Barry Allen!" She gasped as she punched his arm playfully.

"Hey go easy on me." Barry spoke rubbing his arm. I rolled my eyes as we continued on our journey for food.