05; Car Chase

Caitlin, Cisco and Dr. Wells have set up an area so that Barry and I can test our speed. They had given me something to wear that resembled a school gym uniform, it was skin tight and kinda awkward for me to wear. For some reason they gave Barry everything in Red and my outfit was the exact same, they even gave us matching helmets that made us look like huge nerds. "How's it fit?" Cisco asked as we both walked out of the trailer.

"It's a little snug."

"It's so ugly..." I mumbled looking down at myself, I had gotten skinnier and more athletic ever since I was struck with lightning. My hair was in a braid.

"At least you'll be moving so fast no one will see you. See, you thought your world was slowing down, but it wasn't. You guys were moving so fast, it only looked like everyone else was standing still. Dr. Wells will be monitoring both of your energy outputs, and Caitlin, on your vitals."

"So, what do you do then?" I asked, he smiled.

"I make the toys, man." He holds up a something with a lightning bolt on it. "Check it. This is a two-way headset with a camera I modified, typically designed to combat battlefield impulse noise, or in your case, potential sonic booms, which would be awesome." He handed both me and Barry one. We put them on our helmets then Cisco leaves. Caitlin comes up to us with a tablet in her hand. She fiddles with Barry's suit. Barry stares at her.

"What?"

"Nothing. I just noticed you don't smile too much."

"My once promising career in bio-engineering is over, my boss is in a wheelchair for life, the explosion that put you in a coma also killed my fiance. So this blank expression kind of feels like the way to go." She leaves.

"Man that was killer, ice cold even.." I spoke watching as she walked back towards the tent area.

"Mr. Allen, Miss West, while I am extremely eager to determine your full range of abilities, I do caution restraint." We both nod. We both get into a starting stance, getting ready to run. Cisco, who has a large grin on his face, stands behind us. Barry looks back to see if everyone is ready. I could feel electricity run through my entire body and then we run. The combined force pushes everyone back. While running, I saw gold and silver lightning surrounding me and Barry was surrounded by gold and red again. Then Barry starts to lose focus and crashes into me sending us both tumbling into water barrels. His wrist is bent at a weird angle and my ankle was definitely fractured.

"Shit!" I mumbled sitting on my butt, looking at my weirdly shaped ankle.

---

"It looks like you had a distal radius fracture." Caitlin spoke.

"Had?"

"It's healed. In three hours. Same with Theo's ankle." My ankle was back in its original place and it didn't hurt to walk anymore.

"How is this even possible?" I spoke looking from my ankle to Barry's wrist.

"We don't know. Yet."

"You two really need to learn how to stop." Cisco spoke, I rolled my eyes.

"What happened out there today? You two were moving pretty well and something caused you to lose focus?"

"Well something happened to Barry then he lost focus and ran into me causing us to.. you know the rest..."

" I started remembering something." Dr.Wells silently tells him to elaborate. "When I was eleven my mother was murdered." Cisco and Caitlin look at him with shock and sympathy. I had heard the story maybe a dozen times, but now everything started to click. "It was late. A sound woke me up. I came downstairs and I saw what looked like a ball of lightning. Inside the lightning, there was a man. He killed my mom. They arrested my dad, he's still sitting in Iron Heights for her murder. Everyone, the cops, the shrinks, they all told me what I saw was impossible. But what if the man who killed my mom was like me?"