08; Supersonic Firefighters

Barry and I were running to help go put out a fire on the other side of town. "Barry, Theo. Guys!" Both Barry and I stop hearing Cisco on the radio.

"What? Did we miss it?"

"You guys overshot by 6 blocks." Cisco answered. I sighed.

"My bad!" I spoke before we ran back about 6 blocks. Both Barry and I run into the burning building bringing people out safely.

"you there yet?" Cisco spoke on the radio, I wasn't listening since I was trying to focus on finding everyone.

"Cisco! There is like fire, everywhere!" I shouted. "Cisco are you still there!" I shouted beginning to panic.

"Mom? Mommy?" I turned to see a little girl holding a stuffed bunny. The fire was about to get bigger, but I quickly just ran for it grabbing her and placing her outside of the building. Her being the last one out of the building. Both Barry and I leave and stop a couple of blocks away from it. Barry took his mask off, but I left mine on since it didn't really bother me.

"Everybody's out. What else you got for us Cisco?"

"Guys, it's Caitlin." Barry and I look at each-other and our smiles turned to somewhat of a frown.

"Hey, Caitlin. How's your day so far?" I asked with a fake smile.

"Get back to S.T.A.R. Labs. The both of you. Now."

"Okay, we're on our way now." Barry replied. He stopped for a second then ran off. I just sat there for a second, were we in trouble? Whatever... I then start to run but groan as I felt a small pain in my head making me feel a lil dizzy, but it's no big deal. I shake it off then I run after Barry back to S.T.A.R. Labs.

—-

"Have you all lost your minds? Who do you guys think you are?" Caitlin spoke obviously not happy with us, and by us I mean. Barry, Cisco, and I.

"Well, I'm the eyes and the ears, and they are the feet." Cisco spoke obviously not helping the situation.

"This isn't funny. You guys could've gotten yourselves killed. You two can not be running around like supersonic firefighters." She spoke looking directly at Barry and I.

"Why not?" I spoke.

"This is what we talked about. Us using our speed to do good."

"We talked about you both helping contain people who might have been affected by the particle accelerator explosion. Meta-Humans. And aside from Clyde Mardon, we haven't found any."

"But Caitlin, there are people in the city that still need help. And we can help them!"

"We can help them." Cisco spoke.

"Will you please say something?" Caitlin spoke to behind Barry and I we turned to see Dr. Wells in his wheelchair.

"I think what Caitlin is saying, in her own spectacularly angry way is we're just understanding what your bodies are capable of. Not to sound like a broken record, Mr. Allen, Miss West, I do caution restraint." I rolled my eyes, I couldn't believe this. We were absolutely fine!

"Dr. Wells, I doubt restraint is how you got to be the man you are today."

"In a wheelchair and a pariah. Lack of restraint is what made me these things. Know your limits." He then began to roll away in his wheelchair, then Caitlin stood in front of Barry and I.

"Don't expect me to patch you up every time you break something." Cisco then comes in a rest his arms on both Barry and I's shoulders.

"Hey, uh, anything happen out there today? The sensors in your suits were kicking back weird telemetry. Like as if both of your vitals spiked for a few seconds."

"I'm doing fantastic, never better!" I spoke with a smile.

"Me too, I've never felt better." Barry added. A phone begins to buzz and Cisco reaches into his pocket and reads the Caller ID before handing it over to Barry. I rolled my eyes and put my suit away and changed back into my clothes which was a high waisted light jeans with a split black and white hoodie along with some sunflower painted docs I had designed myself awhile back when I was bored.

"My day job beckons." Barry spoke before running out of the room still in his suit, knocking over some papers. I went over to help pick up the papers as Dr. Wells spoke.

"When do you think he'll realize he didn't take his clothes?" I hid my laughter as I placed the papers back onto the desk.

"He probably won't realize till he gets there, to be honest." I shrugged before grabbing my things and speeding off towards home since I knew no one would be home right now which means I have the place to myself. I opened the door with my key and walked inside, I closed the door behind me and locked it. I slipped off my shoes then jogged up the stairs to my room which used to be Iris's old room but she wanted to give it to me cause it was the best room in the house to sneak out of at night, I didn't argue. "Wait... If I am fast does that mean I can read fast as well?" I smirked and ran all over the house grabbing all of the most difficult books in the house and then sat down on my bed, I cracked my hands. I felt a little light-headed again, but chose to ignore it. I then read all of the books in under 30 minutes and that was surprising even for me!

"I- I don't feel so well.." I muttered as my head felt like it was spinning before black dots began to cloud my vision as I fell off my bed making a thud on the floor.

---

"You both lied to us. How could neither of you tell us you were experiencing dizzy spells? We're your doctors! God knows what's going on inside your bodies. Your cells are in a constant state of flux. You could be experiencing cardiopulmonary failure, or a transient ischemic attack." Caitlin scolded as both Barry and I looked over to Dr. Wells since neither of us knew what those terms meant.

"Mini-stroke. Probably not."

"You, of all people, should know that in science, we share. We do not keep secrets." She spoke looking directly at Barry. I was only a teenager so I was full of secrets.

"Wow, I haven't seen anyone make her that angry since Ronnie." Cisco spoke as he handed Dr. Wells a tablet.

"Wait, was Ronnie Caitlin's fiance?" I asked.

"The one that died the night of the particle accelerator explosion?" Barry added.

"Yeah, he is missed." Dr. Wells then cleared his throat. "Now, let's figure out why this is happening to you two."

---

"We're all set." Barry and I walk over to see a box wall behind some treadmill. "A little padding. Just in case." Cisco smiled patting the wall of boxes.

"Yeah."

"So which one of you wants to be the guinea pig?" Dr. Wells asked over the mics. I immediately raised my hand as if I were back in a classroom.

"I volunteer as tribute!" I spoke.

"Are you sure, Theebs? I could do it if you want."

"I got this!" I smiled, Barry just shrugged and left to go be with the others watching. I was wearing my S.T.A.R. Labs sweater and black sweats. I then stepped onto the treadmill thinking too much into it. "Are you sure about this Cisco?" I asked.

"Most home treadmills have a maximum speed of about 12 miles per hour. This one has been Cisco'ed. Trust me, it can handle your speed Theo."

"Okay then.." I spoke. The machine began to turn on, I went from a walk, to a jog, before I began to run, this was pretty easy. Nothing bad has happened yet. I could see my gold lightning start to show, I start to pick up speed.

"Hey Theo, we finally know why both you and Barry keep-" Everything goes black as my body thuds against the treadmill sending me into the wall of boxes completely knocked out.

Light-Speed (CW's Flash)рдЬрд╣рд╛рдБ рдХрд╣рд╛рдирд┐рдпрд╛рдБ рд░рд╣рддреА рд╣реИрдВред рдЕрднреА рдЦреЛрдЬреЗрдВ