17.

"Why did I ever let you talk me into this?" Awsten says, looking at the intense track in front of us. I had miraculously convinced him to ride go carts with me while geoff and otto waited for their girlfriends.

"I don't know but would you rather do this?" I point up at the sling shot ride at the exact time it releases. His eyes widen and he frantically shakes his head in disapproval.

"Absolutely fucking not." He laughs some. We move further up in line and he looks around nervously.

"Have you seriously never rode go carts before?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"It's not that bad, i promise."

The gate opens and people start to flood out to find their cart. I gently grabbed awsten's hand and pulled him towards the gate. He smiles some at me and we go to our carts.

"Are you nervous?" I yell back at him and he laughs.

"Fuck yeah." He yells back causing everyone else to laugh. Good thing it was kid restricted for the day, that would've definitely pissed off some parents.

"You got this!" I yell back. 

"Drivers, are you ready?" The track manager yells and we all scream in response.

"Then... go!"

The race begins and i try to slow down to make sure Awsten is doing okay and he speeds past me screaming. I laugh, speeding up. He wasn't gonna win this race.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

"You lapped him 7 times!" Geoff says in disbelief.

"He's a grandma, he literally rode the brakes for so long." I laugh, grabbing awsten's hand, pulling him off the track.

"You did great." I say to him, smiling.

"I'll beat you next time." He smirks.

"You sound pretty brave for the man who was ready to shit himself over it all 10 minutes ago." I say and he frowns. 

"Fine, lets do something that scares you now." He says and i shake my head.

"Nothing scares me."

"Nothing?"

"Nothing."

"We'll see about that."

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

"Are you scared yet?" Awsten asks as we walk through the haunted maze. It was basically a labyrinth maze but had demons and monsters scattered around trying to scare us all.

"Nah." I say, walking down the hallway that gives the allusion that it's twisting. Awsten follows behind me. A man in a skinlike mask stood at the end of the tunnel, waving at me. I smiled, waving back. He tilted his head in confusion, backing away.

"How does that not scare you?" Awsten asks and i shrug.

"I've watched a lot of horror movies in my life. Nothing really gets to me anymore."

"We'll see about that."

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

"Out of all the things you could've picked for us to do, you picked mini golf?" Awsten says, looking at Otto as the curly haired boy happily taps his bright pink ball into the holl.

"Its fun!" Otto defends himself, grabbing his girlfriend, Grace, by the hand, practically running towards the next hole. They were a cute couple.

"Otto I'm convinced you're secretly an 8 year old." I say, watching Geoff play his turn. He eventually gets it. His girlfriend, Chloe, was happily watching. Farore, their daughter, was being babysat for the day. They seemed like such a lovely family, i couldn't help but smile.