9.

"You're late." Jack says sternly, scaring the absolute shit out of me considering it was 2am and the entire house was practically pitch black except the hallway and the kitchen.

"He's not a murderer or something, I'm home and I'm fine." I say, sitting down on the couch, untying my vans.

"He's not a literal murderer, but he could kill you and you know it."

"Jack he's different."

"He's a guy."

"You're a guy." I look back at him and narrow my eyes.

"I'm your best friend. That's different. He's a strange purple haired guy with weird fans and weird friends and weird everything. You don't know him."

"He wants to know me."

"Does he? Or does he just want to know your wallet?"

"We're not having this argument. Goodnight." I get up and walk into my room, placing my shoes into the bin and begin to look for some pajamas.

"I just don't want to see you hurt again. After the way things ended with-"

"Don't you dare say his name. Don't you dare." I stop him, looking at the doorway where he's leaning against the frame.

"Okay. Since things ended with Satan."

"That's an insult to Satan."

"Probably."

I grab some shorts and signal for Jack to turn around before changing into them. I allow him to turn back around and he sighs.

"When are you going to tell him?"

"Why do I have to? He's not asked, I guess it's just not important." I sit down on the bed, checking my phone and smile at the pictures Awsten had sent.

"So you're just going to avoid skateparks, daisies, and the name- uh, Satan- for the rest of your life?"

"You bet your ass I am."

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

My phone buzzes and I groan, rolling across the bed to check it. It buzzed again and again.

Knight💙 : are you awake? I can't sleep.

Knight💙 : I can't stop thinking about you and I don't know why. You just make me smile and you make everything better.

Knight💙 : I don't know how to handle this. You're just so different. You actually care.

Knight💙 : liccliccthisdiccdicc

Knight💙 : that was Geoff being a diccdicc

I laughed, rubbing my face to wake up some. It was 4:59am. I sigh, answering.

Me: goodmorning to you too, diccdiccs.

Knight💙 : shit did I wake you up?

Me: no

Me: okay yes but it's fine

Knight💙: fuck :(( go back to sleep I'm sorry

Me: but I like talking to you

Knight💙: really?

Me: awsten I'm texting you at 5am yes I fucking like talking to you