Chapter 23

I screamed as I fell to the floor beside Mason. His eyes wide open, lifeless. I couldn't save him, & this was all my fault.

I looked up at my dad with anger and hatred as he made his way towards me with the gun pointed at me.

I got up shaking with rage.

"You fat bitch, did you think you'd get away from me?" He said laughing.

I couldn't answer. nothing I could say was useful. I was defeated. I ruined Masons life and my life. I hated myself. I almost wish he would just kill me already.

I don't deserve to live.

My dad grabbed my hair & looked at me. "You pathetic bitch." He spat at me.

At that moment I felt so much rage & power I couldn't control my actions. I lifted my leg up & kicked him right in the ribs making him fly back in pain.

He left go of the gun & I lunched for it.

I grabbed it & quickly stood up & faced my father. I slowly pointed the gun at him, aiming for his head.

"Woah, take it easy Abyss, I know we haven't got a great relationship, but we'll make it better!" He yelled.

"There's no fixing this. You took my mother & took what could've been the love of my life. You're nothing to me. I shouldn't kill you, I should make you live & suffer. But killing you seems so much more inviting." I said.

"Wait!" He yelled.

But it was too late. I pulled back the trigger & shot him. I shot my pathetic excuse of a father. And I didn't feel a thing.

I looked down at Masons body and cried. I felt so heartbroken. So empty.

I looked up at the ceiling as I saw police cars pull into my driveway.

"Mason... Mom... See you soon." I said as I put the gun against my head.

& pulled the trigger.

THE END.