Chapter 16

I woke up laying on my floor with my mess of a room surrounding me.

My dad was banging on the door to wake me up since I locked him out of it.

"I'm awake:" I said with no emotion.

He didn't answer me he just stomped away. If he saw my room he would beat me to hell and back. But I couldn't possibly clean all this, there was broken glass and wood everywhere.

I slowly got up with my body throbbing with pain all over. The cut from the glass stopped bleeding but still looked horrible.

I looked around for some clothes to wear. I eventually found the regular skirt & crop top that didn't show too much stomach fat, & headed out my room. I shut the door so my dad couldn't see what it looked like until I was at school, at least school would save me for a little.

I was walking downstairs when I heard arguing between my dad & Martha.

"What do you want me to do!" He yelled trying to stay quiet.

"Get her out of here! We can't afford this! & if you can't afford me I'll find someone else who will!" She yelled as she walked away and slammed the front door behind her.

I looked down the stairs & saw my dad standing there with his head in his hands. I tried to make it quietly down the stairs and out the door but the stairs squeaked & he quickly looked up.

"You!" He yelled as he lunched towards me. "This is all your fault!"

"What did I do?" I asked as he grabbed me by the shirt and threw me down.

"You made her leave me!!! now I'm nothing!!!" He yelled as he smacked me against the door.

I've had enough of this.

I grabbed the door knob & made my way outside & began to walk to school. I heard him yelling for me to come back but I didn't care.

The cold wind hurt my legs & arms. I should've worn a jacket, It was unusually cold for this time of year. The cold air felt good on my face, it was burning from where he had slapped me. He must've also punched me because I felt another bruise forming on my face.

I walked the stairs to my school and automatically felt stares. I couldn't tell them what happened, could I? who would honestly care? would anyone even do anything about it?

No, They wouldn't.

No one cares about me, not even myself.

-----------

Sorry this update is so short! I've been so busy with school it's killing me! I'll try to update more today but it not then definitely tomorrow!!

Love you.