Chapter 19

I was woken up by a loud bang coming from downstairs. I rolled over and looked at my clock, it was 2:34 am. Who is awake this late?

I slowly got out of bed & made my way to the stair case & tried to listen but It was silent, maybe I was hearing things.

I walked slowly downstairs but didn't see anything. I walked down the hallway to the kitchen and froze with terror when I saw that my dad was going on a rampage.

"She left! She's gone!" He kept yelling to himself over & over. I knew if he saw me he'd definitely hit me, & it would be worse than anytime before because he's so angry. I slowly and quietly backed away but of course I ran into the wall knocking down a picture.

I freeze & look up & see my dad starring at me.

Maybe if I act calm he won't hit me. I thought to myself.

"Uh. Dad, I don't know what you're doing, but it's almost 3 am, & I'm trying to sleep..." I mumbled.

"Oh. You're trying to sleep? Are you really!?" He yelled at me getting closer in my face, "Well I'm trying to not live a miserable life having a fat bitch as a daughter!!"

He swung his arm back and hit me in the stomach knocking me backwards. I yell in pain but it doesn't matter, He was going to beat me. Again.

I thought about Mason, I could call him to get away, but why. I would have to come home eventually, what's the point..

"You made her leave! I hate you I hate you I hate you!" He yelled over and over as he swung on my body.

I held my arm up to protect my face as he stood up. I thought he would kick me but he didn't. He reached down & picked me up so I was standing.

"Now you look at me." He said.

Although it took all my strength, I looked the bastard in the eye.

"I can't afford this house. I just can't anymore. Martha was paying it off. & now she's gone because of you. The government is going to take the house away, & when they do we'll be moving far away from this place. I can't do this anymore."

What he said crushed me but I couldn't show my weakness around him. He walked past me without saying another word & I heard him walk upstairs to his room. That's all the time needed before I bursted into tears.

First I lose my dad, then my old house, then my mom, & now another house? & worst of all I'm going to lose MASON.

I can't lose him. I'll be nothing.

I barely know him & I don't care. He makes me happy. He makes me forget that's there's any bad in the world. He helps me just by letting me vent to him about my problems. He cares about me and he wants to help me & he's probably the nicest boy I ever met. I can't lose him. He's the only person I have left.

I slowly walked back upstairs so I could try to go back to sleep. I needed to wake up for school in a couple of hours anyway.

The tears finally stopped flowing, as my broken heart put me to sleep.