Chapter 3

I went to sleep at about 9 in the morning but woke up shortly after to my mom crying once again. I knew it was for the same reason that kept me up all night.

I didn't want to get out of bed. I just wanted to stay there until all my problems went away. Maybe laying here for awhile would make me skinny also. But sadly I couldn't lay there forever, I had to face that terrible thing called reality.

I got out of bed & got a terrible migraine, my vision was getting blurry. I blinked a couple times and it came back, that was weird, that has never happened before. I guess it's because I didn't eat at all yesterday. I thought about eating some breakfast but I couldn't, despite my stomach growling I was more worried about what my father was going to do to us. Food can wait.

I walked out to the living room & saw my mom on the couch. She had bottles around her but i didn't think she was drinking this early in the morning. She usually starts drinking at about 9 at night until 12-3 when she passes out. Then she repeats.

The cycle she was in made me depressed.

"Abb?" She asked breaking me from my thoughts. She never called me by my nickname, but I didn't mind. I hated my name as it is.

"Yes mom?" I asked sitting down next to her. Her eyes were puffy & red from crying. It looks like she didn't sleep at all, but then again I didn't either.

"Your father called, he said they have a court date in two days, to win custody of you. He's claiming I'm... unfit to raise you." She said crying.

I didn't break down. I was all out of tears. I simply sat there, emotionless. Why does my life always have to be so fucked up? Why does everything go wrong?

"Mom, we got to clean this house and get rid of all the alcohol so if they come here they won't find anything. We need to." I pleaded, "c'mon mom."

I grabbed her by the arm but she didn't move. Even though she was so much smaller & thinner than me but she felt heavy. Or maybe I was just weak. I could tell my mom was emotionally drained. I looked around to see there was a mess, but I think I could handle it by myself.

"Okay mom you rest, I'll do it." I said grabbing a garbage bag.

If she wanted me here to bad why wasn't she helping? I reached down for a beer bottle when she grabbed my hand, "No." She said blankly.

"No? What do you mean no?" I asked confused.

"I mean no. If your dad wants you then let him take you. I'm unfit Abyss, I need help. All I do is drink my sorrows away. That's not a mother." She said.

I dropped the garbage bag, "Mom! What are you saying?"

Before she could respond we heard a knock on the door.

I looked out the window to see a police officer & standing beside him was my father.