Chapter 10 ~ Grand entrance

"Fine job yesterday, gentlemen

"Fine job yesterday, gentlemen." Theo says making me roll my eyes "we opened big. The whole city knows your name now."

     I look over to Jerome beside me who is giving Theo a deadly look, then to the the idiots stuffing they're faces, sadly have to work with them.

"So, bravo. Let's give ourselves a round of applause." Theo continues on holding the newspaper in his hand up high.

Arnold proceeded to do just that, giggling to himself. I sigh before taking a bite out of the donut I stole from the middle of the table, wondering how my life has come to this.

"Now that we have gotham's attention, its time for the maniax to make a grand entrance." Theo made his way around the table towards jerome and I, his eyes meet mine and I scowl.

"Was that not grand enough for you?" I say even his face manages to piss me off, jerome places his hand on top on mine and gives it a squeeze.

Theo smirks and narrows his eyes slightly at our hands "that was the overture now the audience is hushed, expectant." He talks with his hands moving them slowly upwards "the curtain rises.."

"Then what happens?" Jerome replies sounding interested.

"Oh, then we confront Gothamites with their most primal fears." Theo says making his way behind jerome as if whispering sweet nothings in his ear resting his hands on Jerome's shoulders, my eyes follow his every move. "Take from them all they hold dear and scared."

I clench my hands together tightly my gut twisting, half excited to get back at this shithole of a city, and yet feeling this overwhelming dread being born in the pit of my stomach.

"And then what happens?" Jerome says again staring ahead of him a dark look over taking his face, soaking all of Theos words in like a sponge.

"Why, then we offer them salvation and then they are ours." Theo finishes, adding the cherry on top of the best desert these murders have ever had. 

"Let's get busy man." Woman muncher says.

"Patience. First, you gentleman need to learn a little stagecraft." I narrow my eyes at Theos comment taking notice to how he's only addressing them.

"Stagecraft?" Robert asks, mouth fully of his donut making me completely lose my appetite to my already forgotten one.

"You are going to be on tv, you have to present yourselves with style and vigor." The looks to me "something our Carmen already has."

"Mine" I hear Jerome say growling under his breath, I smile and kiss him on the cheek before resting my head on his shoulder.

     I tuned out from the conversation after that my brain wandering back to the previous horrors of the past, so much has changed already in only a few weeks not even. I look to the city imagining beautiful red flames on the buildings. I'm startled out of my train of thought when jerome suddenly jumps up out of his chair, standing on top of it and spreading his arms out.

"Ladies and gentlemen" he starts of high pitched and cheary but his voice goes slightly sinister as he says gentlemen "good evening!" He looks to Theo giving him is signature smile.

"Very good, boyishly charming." Theo says in approval.

     I sit there my mouth slightly parted wondering what I missed while lost in my thoughts, Jerome comes back down and sends me a wink letting out a laugh.

"The laugh is fabulous. Use that." I look over at Theo as he says that, I wonder what he's truly using us for.

"Ow!"

     Our attention gets turned around to the door as a man hurriedly comes in, a box over his head and Tabatha cracking her whip on his ass behind him. She laughs and continues to use it to heard him into the room, Barbra grabs it from her.

"Now me" she seems to put more strength then Tabatha into it and he moves forward walking into the wall, before falling right on his most definitely sore ass.

"I am so glad you two are getting along" Theo says making them turn to him annoyed "but we're a little busy here, so if you could leave the poor mayor alone."

Mayor?? I look to him and bite my lip, being in the Wayne family means I know the mayor personally, not that well since he was closer to my parents but I still felt bad for him.

"Were bored." Tabatha says.

"Yeah, why do the boys.. and her" barbra looks over to me as she says that "get to have all the fun?"

"Oh please save me from this apparent fun" I say rolling my eyes annoyed that I have to even be here, the only reason I am is because of my ginger.

Ignoring me Theo addresses them "your time is coming, I told you." He looks down at the mayor then back at them "you haven't killed him have you?"

"No I don't think so." Tabatha says hitting him again and gaining a whimper from him.

     I sigh and lean back into jerome, he places a kiss on the top of my head which I hum in response to. This is only the beginning, isn't it?