Chapter 9 ~ The Maniax

After meeting Theo and Tabitha, we were guided to rooms where we would be staying

After meeting Theo and Tabitha, we were guided to rooms where we would be staying. To say they were extravagant were an understatement, Theo was truly putting on a show to demonstrate he meant business. Though it was far better then the asylum so I suppose I should be great full, even though I definitely won't let my guard down.

     Jerome held onto my hand as we walked into the room we'd call ours, and I couldn't help but smile knowing no one can now keep us apart. We're in this together always and forever.

"Finally" he said while closing the door and taking me into his arms "alone at last."

     I closed my eyes adoring his touch for a moment, before looking up at him as he smirked at me. "I don't know how much longer I could've bared dealing with those crazy lunatics" I said as I moved a piece of his ginger hair away from his eyes.

"What about this lunatic?" He said jokingly pointing at himself, though his eyes seemed dark and serious.

"I could never get enough of you" I kisses him on the check "and I never will, I need you."

     A content smirk appeared on his face as he tilted my chin up "don't worry I'm not going anywhere doll" he said before he kisses me deeply.

      It was just like our first kiss all over again, I melted into it and begged it would never stop. He is the only one that makes me feel whole, that makes me feel happy like I was before my parents died, and as he pulled away I was left feeling disappointed that it didn't last forever.

"I should take a shower and change out of this dreadful dress" I say with a laugh, trying to distract myself from his intoxicating touch.

"don't take to long doll" he replied sending me a wink as I walk towards a door which i assume is the bathroom.

~~~

     I wake up the next morning to a cold bed wondering where my ginger disappeared to, we spent the night in each others arm and I have to hand it to Theo he knows how to pick a comfortable bed.

     Stretching once I get up I walk over to the closet to see if they're is anything I can wear, only to groan when I see the only things are underwear and a red bathrobe. Seems I gave Theo to much credit...

     I throw on the fresh clothes anyway as the robe is much softer than the arkham outfits, and finally leave the room going back the way we first came yesterday. The room is now lit with morning light the city's gray colours being revealed, no longer hidden by the black sky.

"well don't you look tasty" woman eater said licking his lips hungry in my direction.

"lick your lips one more time low life and i'll cut your tongue out to show you what's tasty" I growl back.

"now now let's not forget you all are to be a team" Theo says walking up behind me before placing his cold hand on my shoulder "speaking of team, you must have a name"

     I shake his disgusting fingers off me while stare at him coldly not impressed, and wanting Jerome as soon as possible. "what name would that be oh wise leader."

"I will leave that up to you all on your first mission." He responds to me then looks at the rest of us.

     Jerome walks in with a gleam in is eye, I immediately move to his side and smile turning back towards everyone else. "then we must make our grand reveal as well." I say with a smirk.

"exactly." Theo says getting down to business putting his hands behind his back. "my sister will bing you to your first mission where you will all have your time to show yourself to the world. Don't disappoint me." With that he leaves the room and we follow Tabitha who was sitting on the couch with Barbara.

~~~

     I yawn in boredom as the men behind us whimper

     I yawn in boredom as the men behind us whimper. "are we done yet?" I ask as I look over at Jerome beside me.

"oh baby we've only just begun" he said placing his hand under my chin making me look up at him. "Imagine it these men in a few moments splattered on the ground revealing us to the world, the Maniax! just imagine the beauty."

     I look into his eyes dazed without realizing I nod agreeing with him, forgetting their human forgetting they might have families of their own because it's just Jerome and me against the world.

"good! now Aaron let's begin"

     With that the discussion is over and Aaron grabs the first letter to the puzzle M he screams and begs but it's cut short by a sickening noice of him hitting the ground, before I realize the rest of the letters fall also splat splat splat I stare down and watch with wide eyes as each one falls unwilling to their deaths drowning out everything but their terrified screams until there is one empty canvas left.

"Perfect" Jerome says snapping me from my trance, a chill runs down my spine as i'm not sure what to feel or how to act.

"what shall we do with the spare?" Arnold points out turning towards the last one standing.

"Oh!" Jerome says turning around from his spot on the side of the building "I know" he then hops off the ledge and walks to towards him, away from me.

"doll" he says turning back towards me with a red spray paint can in his hand "would you do the honour of drawing an explanation point on our last canvas?"

     I nod and fight back the urge to let my weak legs give in, I must show him that I mean business too if I am to be by his side I have to make sacrifices. "Of course my king" I take it from him and paint it on the man, my gut screaming at me to stop but my heart convincing me otherwise "tada! he's beautiful now" I exclaim letting out a shaky laugh.

"that's my girl" Jerome whispers in my ear as he pulls me to his side "Aaron would you kindly" he points to the man with a sinister smile on his face.

     With that the last man falls.

~ Authors Notes - Please Read! ~

     If you've read this far I can't put into words how appreciative I am of you, I never imagined this would get as much recognition as it has now. What started as a just me simping for the valeska twins all that long ago has turned into something that others enjoy truly I thank you. I can't promise avid updates as my life has gotten quite hectic and i'm sad to say this isn't my top priority but I see your comments they aren't unheard and I will try my best to create more and better chapters, I'm sorry this one is short as I speed wrote it but hopefully very soon I can get a nice long chapter out for you all. Please stay safe during these troubling times and have a wonderful morning/night <3 I love you all. - L