Chapter 8 ~ Annoying Rich Boy

Just want to say a big thank you for 9k reads!! You all are amazing and I'm so grateful for you all! More chapters coming soon :)

     My head felt heavy, and my body felt numb though my senses came back all at once as I gasped for air and my eyes fluttered open

My head felt heavy, and my body felt numb though my senses came back all at once as I gasped for air and my eyes fluttered open. The first thing I saw was a beautiful view of Gotham the city looked to be shining. It was eye catching, though I knew the monsters that hid in the crevices..

"Carmen!" A alluring voice called out from beside me and when I turned my head I saw my handsome clown of a bf.

I tried to move forward but that's when I noticed how tied up I was, literally. "What the hell?" I said confused looking up at him my eyes wide.

"It's ok doll, don't worry" he said giving me a boyish smile that I loved so much making me take a deep breath, taking his advice.

"What the hell is this place?" Woman eater said in confusion.

"It ain't Arkham, anyhow." Jerome replied and I held back a giggle, he turned to me "things are looking up."

"Welcome everyone," a tall well put together man said while he walked into the room, he wore a fancy suit that laughed at our Arkham outfits and way to much hair gel for my liking. "My name is Theo Galavan. This is my sister Tabitha." He said introducing the tan woman beside him that looked all business and I appreciated her badass vibes, though they hardly looked alike. Most of the mean started saying things but I didn't care to listen focusing on our.. entertainment or at least mine for now, he raised his hand quieting the loudness and continued "I understand you are feeling confused... scared, a little groggy, but please, relax."

     He began walking in front of us, slowly, getting a look at everyone "today is the first day of a wonderful future for all of you, if you want it."

"Who are you?" Barbara spoke up, eyeing him.

"Well now the question is, who are you?" He replied stopping in front of Jerome "the world, sees criminal lunatics." He looks over at me in the eye "I see brilliance." He looks at Jerome "I see charisma," he continues walking stopping at Barbara "I see power."

"Yes. That's so spooky, that is me and my girl to a T" Jerome says tilting his head to the side looking at him in a very hot way. "These other boozes, eh I don't know. But you are singing my song" he smirks.

"Quite, Jerome" Sionis says annoyed "keep talking" he says towards Theo, I roll my eyes at his rudeness but I let it go for I'm interested in what he says also.

"Imagine a group of brilliant outlaws like yourselves, each selected for a unique ability, all working together as a team. Imagine the synergy." He continues as if giving us a pep talk, I watch him closely wonder what he would get out of it in return.. "imagine the impact. Gotham would tremble before you."

"Well that sounds fabulous, but I am not a brilliant outlaw" Barbara cuts in speaking the truth "I just have.. umm.. issues." I nod agreeing for that's my case also, I wonder what exactly I could do.

"Exactly, I'm not a notorious murderer or a mad genius" I add "What could I possibly do?"

He looks at me first "you have beauty, passion, power, and from what I've seen.. in files. You're a beautifully ruthless murder, though you've only just begun." he looked me up and down then continues towards Barbara "you have ferocity, beauty and desire. That's enough." He stops in front of her tilting her head up slightly "come with me Barbara." He looked in between us. "Whatever you want in the world, it's yours." I turn my head to Jerome who looked fairly annoyed and seemed to be changing his mind, I shook my head "I already have that, if he's in. I'm in." Was my reply, Jerome looked at me slightly shocked and smug sending me a playful wink.

"Theo? That's your name, right? Theo." Sionis starts annoying me once again. "You're getting way over yourself here. First of all, keep your hands off her. Second this whole "magic team"? I gotta pass, I don't take orders." He says dumbly "good luck on everything, though. It's an interesting concept."

"This is very disappointing" Theo says solemnly.

"Oh. Fair play. You want a reward for busting us out of Arkham. I'm grateful" Sionis says not keeping his mouth shut "how does a million bucks sound? Pretty good." I for the second time roll my eyes at his rich boy attitude for obviously he doesn't see that Theo is far more richer then he. "I can get that money for you today... as soon as I hit the street."

"Money is not the concern, I had such high hopes for you." Theo says staring him down "I didn't anticipate sexual jealousy, that always poisons the well." I lock eyes with Jerome and smirk, he smirks back more murderous. "You have to go, Tabitha will see you out."

     Guards come behind him and untie him, he pats down his shirt and walks cockily towards Barbara "miss Kean is coming with me."

"Oh, she doesn't want to go where you're going." Theo says darkly.

     As he says that Tabitha cracks her whip and it wraps around his neck, she pulls back causing his to fly back with it choking, I shut my eyes and feel Jerome grab my hand though I know he's probably smiling at the sight.. it's something I'll have to get used to. I don't open my eyes when I hear her stabbing into his chest though I feel blood splatter on the tips on my toes, I get a small feeling of excitement but flashes of my parents death hide it in dread while hearing Jerome's beautifully crazy laughter in the background.

     Once she's finished I open my eyes to see her still on top of his now dead body looking up at her brother.

"Anyone else want to leave?"