Chapter 6 ~ Barbara Kean

After the Ball I found out from Jim that Barbara was kidnapped by the handsome man both of us met at the bar, the night I killed someone. He was apparently known as the Ogre, what a boring villain name I think rolling my eyes. According to Jim he has killed many women after seducing them back to his apartment, thankfully Barbara wasn't one of them.

     Jim had saved her when the Ogre took her to her parents house to kill them, her parents and the Ogre died that night. At the moment I was at the GCPD with Barbara and Lee making sure Barbara was alright, her hand held mine tightly though she stood up from where she was seated when Jim walked into the room.

"Detective" Lee said still looking down at her charts.

"Dr. Tompkins" he replied I raised my eyebrow at the workplace names between lovers.

"Jim" Barbara said her eyes never leaving him, "thanks for coming to see me."

He smiled at her politely "it's good to see you looking so well"

"I am well, much better"

"Yes you are, this is your last checkup. You are all healed physically" Lee said chiming in "but you will need trauma counselling."

"Doc, I'm happy. I am happy to be alive." Barbra turned to Jim "which is why, Jim, I didn't want to leave without saying thank you properly."

"Thank you for saving my life" she finished.

"I was glad to do it" he replied.

"Miss Kean," Lee said "trauma counselling, like, yesterday. I have several recommendations for you"

"Really doc, I'm fine."

"You're not fine" Lee stated. "After what you've been through no body would be fine"

"Barbara I think you should listen to the doc" I added "I could go with you.. if you'd like"

Barbara finally caved in "fine." She smiled at Lee "if you will be my counselor"

"And we do it at my place." She added.

"No. I have some trauma training, but it's not my area of focus." Lee shook her head.

"I like you, okay? I can talk to you. Please" Barbara begged.

I couldn't help but notice Jim staring at me though as her and Barbara talked, so I looked over at him. He had this look in his eyes as if he new something. It made me nervous.

"Okay, deal."

"Thank you" Barbara smiled.

~~~

      Barbara, Lee and I stood around Barbara's dinning table three slices of cakes in the middle and tea by our sides.

"Barbara we've been circling around the subject but we still haven't talked about what actually happened to you" Lee started as I took a sip of my tea.

"Lee, your a nice lady" Barbara put down her tea "I could go there, but I'm not sure you want to go there with me"

"Don't worry about us" I gave Barbara a warm smile.

     We all sat down and I took another sip of the tea, it had an interesting taste though it tasted pretty good, I wasn't one to complain.

Barbara focused on Lee slightly ignoring me "has Jim told you he loves you?" She asked nearly making me choke on my tea at her bluntness towards Lee.

"Barbara-" Lee began

"Fair is fair" Barbara shut her up "I'm telling you all my little secrets."