1.18: Rhett Whimsicott

After pacifying the raging energy of his lover, Rhett took his time to stroll around the castle while thinking about his mission with Paopao.

[Host after this world's mission, will you stay or not?]

"Pao, I really don't know. I want to stay but I know that I mustn't be too attached to this world."

[Host...]

"Knowing Samuel's personality, I bet he wouldn't accept me leaving this world and eventually leaving him. I bet a gold that he will tie me up in his room if I revealed my plan to him."

[Hahaha, I just imagined that host!]

Twirling his hair, Rhett absentmindedly took a right at a corner and stopped at an open courtyard. The autumn leaves kept falling as if it symbolizes something. The chilling cold of the morning made Rhett shiver a bit.

[Host, I felt something coming to our direction. I have a slight feeling that it's someone we know.]

"How far?"

[...a few meters.]

That's when Rhett felt a stare at his back as he looked and saw Hak, the blackclothed man he took as a subordinate and given an assassination mission.

"The man has been eliminated and his body has been disposed of."

Satisfied, Rhett nodded as Hak went into shadows again and fled away. Rhett took a deep breath and looked at the mission progress bar that he never looked at before. The blue bar is about halfway done since all Rhett did is to survive and live the way he wants to be.

[Host, the temperature is slowly decreasing. Be aware that too much cold can cause illness to your body. And severe illness can cause you to weaken. And when your body weakens, you might eventually die! I don't want host to die!]

Rhett secretly chuckled at the antics of his system and rubbed the floating ball at his front.

"I'm not going to hurt myself Pao. I'm just taking a stroll here you know."

Days passed since that day and Rhett went back to his dormitory. The news that a man has been gone missing for days has been reported and the people has been on edge. Probably because the winter is slowly creeping up and the chill never provide people comfort.

Samuel also went back to the academy and has been visiting Rhett occasionally. In these meetings, the two are taking their time to invest feelings for each other, deepening their understanding of each other and whispering sweet nothings to each other.

His days passed like this and Rhett has been used to this type of listless way of life, just like when he is still in his last life. This time, he has someone to be with and his contentment is to the roof.

Not remembering of his promise with Sapphire Chance, Rhett dumped that agreement at the back of his mind. Seemingly unwilling to spend some time with acquaintances and only wanting to meet those close to him.

"You seem tired these days. Any news to share with me?"

Rhett said to Samuel, whose arms are clinging to Rhett's body. Grunting, Samuel only nestled his face on his lover's shoulder and never said a word. Rhett noticed this reply of Samuel and ruffled his soft hair.

"Let me guess, your father gave you duties to manage?"

Samuel nodded face down with his face of Rhett's lap. Rhett chuckled and slowly lowered his head and laid his head down on the settee. Hugging the man in his arms, the warmth of Samuel's body and his scent brought waves of calm to Rhett's mind. In this cool autumn afternoon, the couple slowly fell asleep with each other in their arms.