1.13: Rhett Whimsicott

Rhett stared point-blank at Samuel's face when he heard what the man said to him. Sinking in the words, he felt his face redden and can't help but only looked away.

"O-okay..."

Closing the mahogany door, Samuel let Rhett sit on a chair and looked at the nervous teenager with a smile. "Do you want tea?" Rhett only nodded before being silent once again.

Samuel carefully placed a porcelain cup of tea and went further inside his room, letting Rhett have a good look of his teacher's room. The ambience of the room seemed comfy and homey, making Rhett feel that Samuel is truly like a Male God.

"Uhm, what do you want to say to me, Samuel?"

"I forgot. I want to give you this."

Samuel came back carrying a small box from the bedroom, if Rhett would guess, and opened it. Rhett felt that this thing inside his box is more than what he could really see.

[Host, I felt spiritual power from this box!]

"I do too, Pao. I wonder where did this came from?"

Samuel looked fondly at the artifact and placed it carefully on the table using a silk cloth.

"This music box came from my mother. It was passed on from my great-grandmother until to my generation. Samson normally never knew about this since he easily breaks things so this was entrusted to me."

"And you..."

"Yes, I will give this to you. Not only you're important, you're special for me. And I want you to keep this. For me, do it for me..."

Speechless, Rhett looked back and forth from Samuel and the music box. Samuel noticed the reluctance of Rhett and opened the music box, revealing a small diamond figurine inside. A dove, Rhett said to himself.

"Don't reject this, please. I don't know if I can really keep this myself, at least someone I love can keep this for me."

"I will take it." With firm resolution in his voice, Rhett held the music box before turning the nozzle and a crisp tune of piano played before him, the dove seemed to shine another hue of colors under the light that radiated inside the room.

"It's... beautiful. I will definitely keep this safe."

"That reassures me. Thank you."

After Samuel said those words, he closed the distance between himself and Rhett and pecked on his forehead. Lowered his face beside his ears. "You're such a naughty student. Are you imagining things before coming inside?"

His face reddened like blood and tried retaliating before noticing the serene expression of his lover.  Rhett spoke no further and returned back the kiss to his cheek. "Please wait until graduation."

Having a good laughter with his friends, Rhett kept a leisurely pace while walking inside the hallways of the academy. Students are allowed to roam this time inside the school. Others opted to stay inside the rooms for studying and Rhett can't help it but push away the idea of remaining inside alone.

"And did you hear? The Chance Kingdom offered an apology to our king! I saw it at the telegram delivered to us!" The queen of gossiping, Carrey said while her eyes bulged wide open as if telling them a horror story.

"Really? Oh how did I freaking missed it! I even kept waiting for the news before Shouto called me!"

"And he went with you here together?"

"Of course we will, dummy! We're lovers, don't you know?"

Her eyes can't fully open more as she almost lost grip of her books and stared intently at the two men like hot knife on a butter. "Tell me the gist of it. Since when?"

"Uh, for about two years?"

Animatedly speaking with his friends, Rhett noticed an almost familiar figure that's currently sitting on their usual spot at the courtyard.

"And you even have the guts to come here!"

"I'm...sorry. For my father's selfishness and mine also. I, apologize for that."

Sapphire Chance kept her head low while apologizing. Rhett can't help but notice her lack of usual elegance and mysteriousness and only left a husk of a helpless lady.

"And Rhett, I have a request for you. You're the only friend I can tell this to you."

"And what is it?" Chim mockingly said to her before his loud mouth was closed by Carrey and motioned to Sapphire to continue.

"...Can you pretend to be my lover?"

"Why the hell would that bastard of a lady would ask my baby Rhett to be her fucking lover?!? You already have Mr. Samuel, right?"

"And is that the fucking truth, Chim?!?"

"Hell yes, Carrey! I saw them kissing like crazy when we returned from the war, they're like sucking their souls from each other! How I wish Mr. Samson would be like that to me..."

"Oh dear, I have a bunch of colorful friends... At least you're all attractive, that's what my advantage is to others."

"Anyway, back to business. Are you going to accept Sapphire's request? I feel that this will be a bad idea."

"Of course, I will r--"

[Host, a new extra mission was sent from the higher-ups!]

[Mission: Keep Sapphire Chance alive until Spring Days.]

"And what is your answer?"

"What season is it right now?"

Paopao wanted to facepalm at what his dense host said and only said nothing but a deafening silence.

"Isn't it obvious? It's still winter, you dummy!"

[Please be reminded that the original Rhett died on a winter day, a week before spring time.]

Rhett can't help it but feel a huge headache attack him.

"Well, beggars can't be picky, right?"

"Uhm, I will accept her offer. Being her lover, I mean. And will explain all of these to Samu--Mr. Samuel."