1.11: Rhett Whimsicott

"Ah, there he is! My son's champion! Come, come, I've been waiting for you!"

The hand that's on the back of Rhett lightly tapped as he went to a chair in front of the king. Aside from being invited here by Samuel, all Rhett know is that his teacher mentioned something like the legendary medicine that he made.

Rhett has an idea as to where will this go to but he shoved that idea to the back of his mind as he sat on the wooden chair, looking straight at the man that's the king of Guilla Kingdom.

"Oh, you're brave to actually look at me directly. Good! I like your attitude!"

The king seemed like a lively one as shown while surveying the young man in front of him. Rhett looked at the slightly embarrassed Samuel as he saw the latter scratching his head.

"My father is like this, carefree and fussy. Please don't mind his straightforward words, okay?"

"It's alright, Samuel." After the night together, Samuel let Rhett call him in his name only as Rhett felt that he finally achieved something great in this world. What Rhett doesn't know is that the man in front of him has an ulterior plans for his student, allowing him to call his name personally.

"Oh, and you're already close to my son! What a good pair, indeed!"

Samuel smiled brightly when his father said that as he looked at the red-faced Rhett Whimsicott and took a hold of his hand and squeezed it affectionately.

"See? My father already knows our closeness, Rhett. We're after all, very close, right?"

Rhett didn't noticed the emphasizing of Samuel in his words as Paopao howled in laughter inside the head of Rhett while clutching on his stomach in laughter. The naivety of his host is truly moving!

Nodding, Rhett's focus turned to the king as he noticed a relieved smile of the old man while looking at them. This is a miracle, the king thought, my son will he definitely happy with this young man!

"Ehem, back to the business. When my son mentioned to me that feat you've done at the Practical Exams that he gave to you, he said that the pill you made makes someone stronger permanently. Is this true?"

With a nod, the king continued. "You're truly my lucky star, lad. First is the miraculous change in my son, next is your undeniably outstanding miracles at the exams. I'm greatly indebted to you!"

"Huh?"

"What my father meant is, since you made a new legendary pill that will definitely change the fate of our kingdom, my father felt that having you here is a blessings of the gods to him. You see, he's actually a believer of the supernatural."

"Oh, I see..."

"I almost forgot, Rhett my boy! Why don't you stay here for the dinner? It will be an honor to dine with my son's champion!"

Rhett first hesitatingly denied but after the gentle persuasion of Samuel, he gave in to the tempting invitation of the king.

Strolling inside the west wing of the castle, Rhett held his body as he involuntarily shivered against the cool breeze of nighttime. Samuel, who's following behind him, offered him his coat and he accepted it, seeing his teacher wearing an extra coat. Feeling the warmth of the coat and inhaling a faint scent of Samuel, Rhett felt sleepy and comfortable.

"Want go back?"

"Please do, Samuel."

"Let's go. Hold my hand."

With that, the two of them went back to the main hall of the castle and bid goodbye to King Sam and went back to his room inside the academy.

"Did you have fun?"

"I am, I really appreciate the company, Samuel. See you tomorrow!"

Smiling wide, Rhett didn't noticed the sudden movement of Samuel that definitely will shock him as he felt something soft and warm on his temples.

[...Kyahhhhhhhhhhh!!!]

"What?!? You've met the king and actually had a dinner with them?!?"

With bulging wide eyes, Chim looked at Rhett while Deku suddenly sprayed the water he drank to Shouto, that had his mouth in a wide o.

"Have some restraint will 'ya, Deku?" Carrey shouted to the blushing Deku and saw that Shouto didn't mind much the water that's on him. "And you! Are you even grossed out even a bit?"

"Why will I? He's my boyf--" Deku slapped close the mouth of Shouto as his face turned redder than a tomato. "Ahhh! That's nothing, Carrey! By the way, did you said that Rhett is given a privilege to have a meal with them?!? I'm envious! Though the king is carefree all the time, he doesn't have the heart to let strangers be close with them!"

"True, true!" Chim supplied to what Deku said as Rhett only sighed at his friends' surprised faces as he shoved a spoonful chicken into his mouth and spoke no further.

Unknowingly for them, this sudden news is heard by the students the next table as it was passed one by one until the whole Medicine Department knew of Rhett's unexpected feat.

For the nth time, Rhett felt the burning gazes of eyes on him, making him shiver a bit. Focusing on the board, the voice of Samuel kept speaking at the front while chalking down details. The attention of the class seemed into his rare uplift mood, sensing their teacher talk with a grin on his face.

Rhett remembered the meal with the royal family and he can't help it but kept his mind wandered, absentminded and dazed. Rhett doesn't even realized that he stared at Samuel's handsome face, not minding the details of the lesson.

After the class, Rhett face palmed when both him and Chim reached the courtyard near the training ground for knights. Being a kind friend, Chim cackled when he saw his bi friend turning red as tomato, tears forming and his stomach ached while laughing.

"Hahahaha, you even didn't noticed what Mr. Samuel is teaching and you even said that out loud!"

[Hahahaha, host you're so cute!]

"Shut up!"

"A-and, you even said he's devastatingly handsome with a lovestruck face! Wah, spring has finally come to Rhett! I'm so proud of you, bitch!"

Rhett smacked the butt of Chim as the latter kept laughing out loud, earning the gazes of nearby students. With an exclaim, Chim tearfully rubbed his spanked butt and made a face at Rhett.

[Host is too impatient! A villain!]

Rhett also gave a useless warning at Paopao, making the system only cackle in laughter until the end of the day.

When Rhett was still dazed out at class, he accidentally said out loud his feelings towards Samuel, saying that he's devastatingly handsome and that his teacher is only his. He snapped out of his dazed state when he felt Chim tap on his shoulder and saw the widened eyes of his classmates and the slightly reddened face of Samuel.

[Anyway host! I feel an ominous feeling for the next days to come. Please be careful!]

"Uhh, right. The event that must happen next is a war from another kingdom. Seeing from the original plot that both brothers fell into a coma after the battle happened. Sigh, when am I going to complete this mission?"

[Be patient host! You're too impatient I just want to tie you up from pacing around your room!]

"I'm just worried!"

[But host is not like that in your life before being killed. I wonder what caused you to slowly change...]

"I wonder when can I get the function to make you silent?"

[Eep! I will be silent!]

"You better be."

With a deep sigh, Rhett flopped down on his bed and closed his eyes, arranging the original plot in his mind and wonder what will happened in the changed future. Unknowingly, he fell asleep while hugging on his soft pillow.